Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another buyer bites the dust

Another buyer bites the dust

Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another buyer bites the dust

Hi
well our house buyers have split up!! Dont need our house now.
Another setback eh.
I have just knocked another 10k off asking price as estate agents says they have "interested parties" in this price range. We shall see.
We are resigned to the fact that we will have to practically give it away but hey ho.
We have talked about this and we both work hard, we will get everything back eventually- just wish we had done this 18 months ago lol.
The thing that worries me now is that my husband is heading to Alberta on 4th March. I cant go until at least May, longer if still waiting on house.
We have never really been separated before. I will be ok having family etc. still here. We have our 1st granchild due 2nd April so he is gonna miss that.
TBH I think he will fold if we are apart for a lengthy period sooo....
I may never get there. I am worried about this.
Obviously he is an adult but on his own.... Im sure you females know what I mean. I just hope things can get back on track.
Tina
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of
Default Re: Another buyer bites the dust

Hey Tina, I'm so sorry to hear your news, lets all keep our fingers crossed for you. My OH went to Canada 6 weeks ahead of the family and it was hard so I know how you feel. Lets hope you get some good news with the house sale in the coming few weeks. Thinking of you Sam
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:05 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina, sorry to hear your sale has fallen through. My hubby went out first as well - leaving me with the crap of finalising a house sale, hosting daughters farewell party endless runs to the dump, endless car boot sales, endless crap really - don't envy you at all.

I do remember being really annoyed that he was having the fun starting our new lives and I was left with all the crap from our old one to sort out. He remembers finding things really difficult starting a new job and finding his way around without me being here with him there was a lot of miscomunication between us at that stage and it was our first time ever apart. Not easy for either of us and a 15 minute phone call at midnight doesn't really acheive much. Oh well we got through it and I'm sure you will too - can you not leave with hubby and sell the house from here??? Good luck with it all
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:12 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Aww Tina, i'm sorry to hear about the house falling through Hopefully you'll get another buyer soon and things will be back on track Try to stay positive hun....i'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Hugs, Irene
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sam and Piff Poff.
I cant come anyways before May as I want to stay and see my first grandson.
Neil has to start his job on 23rd March so is going over a couple of weeks early to sort things.
Usually I am the doer so he will find it difficult.
I cant bear the thought of being apart for very long - yeah I am a romantic lol.
As for car boots Piff, OMG some people will buy just about anything. We have already done 2. Another 1 booked for this Sunday. Easy money!!!
We will be alright its just not ideal.
I just have a vision of him saying he has had enough and is coming home cos he is on his own. We agree that we both will have to make sacrifices but that is easier said than done hey?
Hopefully we will get some renewed interest in the house as things do seem to have picked up here.
Tina
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks FK
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Hi
well our house buyers have split up!! Dont need our house now.
Another setback eh.
I have just knocked another 10k off asking price as estate agents says they have "interested parties" in this price range. We shall see.
We are resigned to the fact that we will have to practically give it away but hey ho.
We have talked about this and we both work hard, we will get everything back eventually- just wish we had done this 18 months ago lol.
The thing that worries me now is that my husband is heading to Alberta on 4th March. I cant go until at least May, longer if still waiting on house.
We have never really been separated before. I will be ok having family etc. still here. We have our 1st granchild due 2nd April so he is gonna miss that.
TBH I think he will fold if we are apart for a lengthy period sooo....
I may never get there. I am worried about this.
Obviously he is an adult but on his own.... Im sure you females know what I mean. I just hope things can get back on track.
Tina
Hi Tina,

That's a real pain re the house. Let's hope the estate agent is correct and that your new price attracts interest. We know a few families where the husband has headed out ahead of the rest of the family. If you drop us a PM at some point, we can try and connect you with them - maybe it will provide a bit of support at your end of the deal and at your husband's.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:46 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

aww fingers crossed it sells really soon for you , so you aint apart too long xxx
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:01 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Albertabound

I am in the same situ. OH has been out in Calgary since end of November and like Piff Poff I was left to clear out the house, organise shipping, cat, daughter's party (this Saturday), its tough on your own but there are plenty of us on here to help you.

I only have another 2 weeks to go and these will be the toughest.

PM me if you want to know anything. Or as Getting There has mentioned get your husband to meet up with others in the same boat.

The Ross Family
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eamon, Deena and Ross family, thanks for your posts. I will PM you Eamonm. I know it can be done but it does seem a bit daunting at the mo. I will be ok once I get off the ceiling lol
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your buyer. Fingers crossed you find another one asap, and that you are soon with hubby enjoying your new life in Canada.

Oh, and congrats on your grandson!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:19 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel for you so much. We are getting silly offer on our house like 50K below the asking price!! I am sick of showing people round my house, them saying how lovely it is, I get my hopes up only to be dashed with stupid offer. I am at breaking point!

I swear the next person to give me a stupid offer with get a piece of my mind
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Eamon, Deena and Ross family, thanks for your posts. I will PM you Eamonm. I know it can be done but it does seem a bit daunting at the mo. I will be ok once I get off the ceiling lol
Will look out for your PM when you get a chance.

Eamonn.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

[/QUOTE]

Count us in on the meeting up. We've been here just under three weeks but we can serve OH up a mean Roast Dinner, he can use our Skype to speak to you. PM us and we'll be more than happy to be added on the list of friends
Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:01 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear re the buyer, good luck with everything, sounds like your OH has lots of new friends here to help him settle in

Hope you are able to get over there asap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.