Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another black bear sighting NS!

Another black bear sighting NS!

Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:35 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Another black bear sighting NS!

Just taken son to soccer practice and right by the side of the main 102 highway junction 11 was a black bear

Didnt expect to see one for a while yet alone right by the side of main highway!

It didnt hang around for long, but great to see it!

Have seen quite a bit of wildlife so far, deer and ground hog in the garden and possible Coyote in the nearby field one morning.

Things are going great so far, I start work in a couple of weeks and looking forward to spending our first Canada Day here, although still trying to work out the best place to go There doesnt seem to be too much happening near us? Any ideas would be great, is there anything good nearer Halifax does anyone know?

Thanks
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:19 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another black bear sighting NS!

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Just taken son to soccer practice and right by the side of the main 102 highway junction 11 was a black bear

Didnt expect to see one for a while yet alone right by the side of main highway!

Have seen quite a bit of wildlife so far, deer and ground hog in the garden and possible Coyote in the nearby field one morning.

Things are going great so far, I start work in a couple of weeks and looking forward to spending our first Canada Day here, although still trying to work out the best place to go There doesnt seem to be too much happening near us? Any ideas would be great, is there anything good nearer Halifax does anyone know?

Thanks
My OH said there was a black shetland pony loose near the 102 today..do you think it could have been this you saw...

He's only jealous - he's been here 2 years and is DESPERATE to see one!!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

I think Shubenacadie has some Canada Day celebrations on tommorrow. I only work a few mins from Shubie and someone from work told me about it today. It sounds like they have quite a few things planned including fireworks.

Almost forgot to mention there is a parade in Halifax tommorrow. It' the tattoo parade and sounds great.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:50 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
My OH said there was a black shetland pony loose near the 102 today..do you think it could have been this you saw...

He's only jealous - he's been here 2 years and is DESPERATE to see one!!

Originally Posted by rgilbert
I think Shubenacadie has some Canada Day celebrations on tommorrow. I only work a few mins from Shubie and someone from work told me about it today. It sounds like they have quite a few things planned including fireworks.

Almost forgot to mention there is a parade in Halifax tommorrow. It' the tattoo parade and sounds great.
Thanks for the info, we may head to Halifax and see what is going on

edited to add, just received pm and are now heading to Truro, victoria park! a little more local for us!

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Jun 30th 2009 at 12:56 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Smile Re: Another black bear sighting NS!

Just watched a racoon steal the seed bell off my bird table. As for Canada Day we are having a BBQ, a few beers, some home made wine and of course firework you are quite welcome to stop by. Although its a fair drive from stewiacke to porters lake.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:59 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winston Green
Just watched a racoon steal the seed bell off my bird table. As for Canada Day we are having a BBQ, a few beers, some home made wine and of course firework you are quite welcome to stop by. Although its a fair drive from stewiacke to porters lake.
Errrr I live in Porters Lake...!! I have just been sat out on my deck watching "our" Racoon wander around our garden and then go eat the bread crusts the girls left out for her! They move so much slower than I actually thought they did!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:00 pm

Thank you for the very kind offer, I think we are heading to Truro now, but I am looking to arrange a meet up of some kind for NS over the summer so hope to maybe see you there

Have a great BBQ!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi nikki,
great to see you are settling in .
Arty & Co

Thanks
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

Hi Amy
They move pretty quick if you go outside to take their photo. You, dave and the girls are quite welcome to drop in for a beer and a BBQ if you are at a loose end or passing it would be great to see you all. Very impressed with you new deck you have done a great job building that.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:14 pm

Hi Amy
They move pretty quick if you go outside to take their photo. You, dave and the girls are quite welcome to drop in for a beer and a BBQ if you are at a loose end or passing it would be great to see you all. Very impressed with you new deck you have done a great job building that.
I bet they do!

Ahh thanks -David is working in the day - we could pop by for an hour or so after 6pm? Is this too late - will you be all partied out by then...
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi nikki,
great to see you are settling in .
Arty & Co
Thanks Arty, look forward to seeing you all soon!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:26 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the firefly mating season has kicked off too, if you get the chance go for a late night drive or wander and you might see a field full of them flashing at each other (and probably some skunks wandering about the roads too).

Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I bet they do!

Ahh thanks -David is working in the day - we could pop by for an hour or so after 6pm? Is this too late - will you be all partied out by then...
Doubt it. we will be just be getting started. Anyway we can't stop until it is dark enough for the fireworks.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:52 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Sounds really good Nikki. Glad to hear you are settling in, enjoy the Canada Day celebrations.

Emmjay
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:51 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Thanks
I'm so jealous as well Nikki.....i really must see a real bear!!!!!!
Enjoy Canada day whatever you get up to

Amy, that new deck of yours sounds finished

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.