annual leave

Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Default Re: annual leave

Originally Posted by smelly
I bet Jo is a part timer.
Hi Smelly

youv'e guessed, i'm part time as well. The reason i get 14 week is cos I'm worth it

no honestly, i have one of the few term time contracts that were ever issued. this means that I work extra hours each week to buy my hols.
Having said that I am at present owed nearly 80 hours holiday following the agenda for change, as our HR are so good that they have left me on the old holiday system of 5 weeks plus 10BH.

Having worked in the nhs for 26yrs i am now entitled to the full quota but they can't work it out. my mate who got the same contract in Leeds was put on the new holiday scheme at the same time as everyone else.
At the mo this is working to my advantage as I won't have to give any notice.

I have spent all this time in the nhs working in a regional theatre dept, at first doing 60 hrs on-call to cover the weekends which was a killer, plus working mon-fri. Now we are only allowed to do 24hrs per shift but the docs are only allowed to do 12. This means we get hammered beacuse at 8pm you get somone taking over who has just got out of bed and has a log book to fill

Yes the nhs are desperately short and we are working shorter staffed than ever cos we are run as a business. But then hasn't the health secretary just stated that the reason that so many nurses are on the dole is because we have trained too many following the last crisis in 2000. maybe they should look at employing some of these Ops they can't because we will go over budget

jo
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:22 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think you need something which over here they call a roof; it serves to deflect rain from the barbeque.
[Thread drift]
I BBQ in one of the garages during the winter. Wading through snowdrifts, balancing a plate of steaming hot freshly bbq'd dead thing is something I'm getting better at. Still, as spring progresses, we'll think about moving the BBQ back to the deck.
[/Thread drift]

Back on topic. 14 weeks friggin' vacation? No wonder the NHS is crumbling.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
[Thread drift]
I BBQ in one of the garages during the winter. Wading through snowdrifts, balancing a plate of steaming hot freshly bbq'd dead thing is something I'm getting better at. Still, as spring progresses, we'll think about moving the BBQ back to the deck.
[/Thread drift]

It ain't crumbling it has has crumbled.

whilst it is being run as a business they forgot to look at who had paid for treatment (taxes etc)and who aint. Wont be long before its like the USA cos its gonna run outa money
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

[Thread drift]
[/Thread drift]

We never move the barbecue or smoker; with the limited vacation time in Canada you can't waste any of it trundling applicances about.
Attached Thumbnails annual leave-111_1192.jpg  
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:35 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

We never move the barbecue or smoker; with the limited vacation time in Canada you can't waste any of it trundling applicances about.

Yeah but we get more precipitation than you. It's also less fun standing outside BBQ'ing when it's blowing a gale which again it does a lot round here.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

nice piccy but there aint no wet suff hammering down and putting out yer flames
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
Hi Smelly

youv'e guessed, i'm part time as well. The reason i get 14 week is cos I'm worth it

jo
ahhh I see. The vacation time in Canada isnt that bad, of course it depends on what you do.

I was very fortunate to get 49 days leave, not including the bank holidays that are in Alberta. 24 of those days are flex days though.

I am management exempt from joining a union and so the rules for me are a lot different . I get a lot of stick off the other people that are in the Union, because they feel they have a bad deal on there vacation days . Crazy eh?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It's also less fun standing outside BBQ'ing when it's blowing a gale which again it does a lot round here.
That does sound rather dangerous and it'd certainly be a terrible bother to have to chase windblown pig parts.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

nice piccy but there aint no wet suff hammering down and putting out yer flames

Barbecue, in pissing rain, with dog. The sensation of a wet dog in your tent is the same here as there.
Attached Thumbnails annual leave-f1000035.jpg   annual leave-f1000032.jpg  
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smelly
ahhh I see. The vacation time in Canada isnt that bad, of course it depends on what you do.

I was very fortunate to get 49 days leave, not including the bank holidays that are in Alberta. 24 of those days are flex days though.

I am management exempt from joining a union and so the rules for me are a lot different . I get a lot of stick off the other people that are in the Union, because they feel they have a bad deal on there vacation days . Crazy eh?
I get stick every day because of my hours. But I just point out it aint my fault I married someone rich (if only) but they don't know that
Then i point out that I'm payed for what I know, not what i do This gets more pee takin, but then I just laugh when they come to me for help and make them repeat my mantra
jo
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbecue, in pissing rain, with dog. The sensation of a wet dog in your tent is the same here as there.
Nope, at this point the grill would be on
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:50 pm
Slightly Canadian

Then i point out that I'm payed for what I know, not what i do This gets more pee takin, but then I just laugh when they come to me for help and make them repeat my mantra
jo
[Spelling police]
How can someone with a vocabulary that extends to 'mantra' not know the correct spelling of 'paid'?
[/Spelling police]
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I get stick every day because of my hours. But I just point out it aint my fault I married someone rich (if only) but they don't know that
jo
My other response is "bring it up at your next Union meeting" the only reason the finance staff got the flex days is, because the finance director didn't have to go through numerous union approvals to get it. But each to their own........ and like you said "water off a ducks back".
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

[Spelling police]
How can someone with a vocabulary that extends to 'mantra' not know the correct spelling of 'paid'?
[/Spelling police]
cos me glasses need cleaning, the light ain't on and i'm not moving yet to get the tissues
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

cos me glasses need cleaning, the light ain't on and i'm not moving yet to get the tissues
In Canada it's customary to keep a box of tissues next to the internet facility.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.