Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Animal Airlines

Animal Airlines

Old Jan 5th 2010, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about
Default Animal Airlines

Hi has anyone used animal airlines? I already did a search and found nothing! They are £500 cheaper that other quotes! I can't put him on a normal flight as he will be traveling alone, poor boy!

Thank you and Happy New year to you all x
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Animal Airlines

Originally Posted by Lynsi
I can't put him on a normal flight as he will be traveling alone, poor boy
Not sure what you mean here Lynsi. The animal transporters we hope to use won't put our pets on the same flight as us, so they will be travelling alone, but on normal flight.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

Why won't they put them on the same flight? Who are you using?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Not sure what you mean here Lynsi. The animal transporters we hope to use won't put our pets on the same flight as us, so they will be travelling alone, but on normal flight.
Hi,

We are planning taking our Rotti over with us. What price can we expect to pay? and do they always travel alone?

Binty
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about

Sorry I meant that we are gong at the end of Jan and he is coming out in April so he's not traveling with us!! I knew what I meant!!!
Sorry!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daisychain
Why won't they put them on the same flight? Who are you using?
We are going to use Par Air in Colchester. They want to make sure you are already over there to receive the animals. They take care of all paperwork, crates etc and take pets to airport and get them checked onto flight. They say there is always a chance you may miss the flight (traffic etc) and there will be no one there for them when they arrive. Also, going through immigration and customs takes time and the animal reception centre at Vancovuer is quite a trek away, so makes it easier all round I suppose.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Binty
Hi,

We are planning taking our Rotti over with us. What price can we expect to pay? and do they always travel alone?

Binty
We've been quoted around £800 for three cats from to Vancouver (not that that helps!). Guess it depends on the company. If you DIY you can put your pooch on same flight.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

I think with air canada you can take a small dog in a bag/crate if it can fit under the seat in front, could you not do that with your cats? Might ave a lot of stress for them and you?

We are going to take our dog ourselves if he is checked in when you arrive to go on the same flight then there is no way he can be on the plane and you're not?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Binty
Hi,

Binty
Hi Binty,

I'm a rotti owner too and am currently looking into costings through a company called LadyHaye, i'll be going from either Gatwick/Heathrow. Once i get quote i'll pm you, if you would like? Just to give you an idea.

Sara
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Be careful with Ladyhaye as there is a report on here about them and it's not very good in fact I think their cat died while in their care. But people will always look for someone to blame when there beloved pet dies so they might be ok. I am looking at Animal airlines. I have a large lab cross and it's going to cost about £1000 one way. This is about £500 cheaper than Ladyhaye and Air pets.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:35 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful with Ladyhaye as there is a report on here about them and it's not very good in fact I think their cat died while in their care. But people will always look for someone to blame when there beloved pet dies so they might be ok. I am looking at Animal airlines. I have a large lab cross and it's going to cost about £1000 one way. This is about £500 cheaper than Ladyhaye and Air pets.
That post says their cat died 6 months later due to a 5 hour delay at the airport.

Animal Airlines sound like muppets to me.
Spoiler:
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

I read that Thread and there was alot of people writing good things about them too. I think i'll try Animal airlines too though. Thank you