Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Amusing article about Canadian Language

Amusing article about Canadian Language

Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Amusing article about Canadian Language

This made an awful lot of sense to me, and is probably not a bad thing to read before relocating, or amending your CV (sorry, résumé).

http://www.cornerstoneword.com/misc/cdneng/cdneng.htm
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

deeana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Amusing article about Canadian Language

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
This made an awful lot of sense to me, and is probably not a bad thing to read before relocating, or amending your CV (sorry, résumé).

http://www.cornerstoneword.com/misc/cdneng/cdneng.htm

Yes, interesting. They also use what are archaic words in England. I couldn't help smiling when someone said to me "He's only yay high," indicating a size with his hands, and "It's over yonder!" I hadn't heard either of those expressions spoken before. They also have "slough", which is pronounced "slew" and it means "a lot" as in "I have a whole slough of work to do..."

Deeana
Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amusing article about Canadian Language

The only thing that I noticed as being incorrect is that "toque" is not spelled with a "u" (tuque).