Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

American looking for Job in canada

American looking for Job in canada

Old Oct 19th 2004, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Steber is an unknown quantity at this point
Question American looking for Job in canada

Hi, Next year my girlfriend plans to be attending a 8 month course in Toronto for Make up. I will be finished with my schooling and be certified in Car and Autobody Refinish and Repair. I would like to move with her from the states to help her feel more at home while she is away at school. Is thier some way that i can obtain a job while im thier in my field? i have been searching on the internet and haven't been able to find anything of use. Any help would be apreciated.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: American looking for Job in canada

Originally Posted by Steber
Hi, Next year my girlfriend plans to be attending a 8 month course in Toronto for Make up. I will be finished with my schooling and be certified in Car and Autobody Refinish and Repair. I would like to move with her from the states to help her feel more at home while she is away at school. Is thier some way that i can obtain a job while im thier in my field? i have been searching on the internet and haven't been able to find anything of use. Any help would be apreciated.
You have a practical and valuable skill, so I'm certain you could find work in Toronto.

Your main issue is being permitted to work. If you were married, and if she had a study permit (I suspect she isn't bothering to get one because her course is so short), you could tack onto that, and that would allow you to work in Canada. Have you thought about the work authorization issue?