Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

American Express Card Letter- A question?

American Express Card Letter- A question?

Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Express Card Letter- A question?

Originally Posted by Souvy
Those agencies are tenacious. I had grief from one a few years back. e bought a house in Oakville. It was an estate sale - the bloke had dropped down dead playing golf. His family knew very little about his affairs, including a lodger he'd had. Said lodger had a debt. The agency kept writing and even followed me when I moved to QC. It took ages to finally get rid of them.

Indeed. On leaving the UK I cancelled my Cell Phone account and paid my last bill. Or so I thought.

Got a letter from the provider three months later saying I owed them 14 quid. I wrote back disagreeing with their claim. To know avail, they insisted I owed the money, I insisted I did not. Long story short I ignored the following few letter from them. Next thing I know I get a letter from an agency re this alleged debt. Wrote to them outlining my position re this alleged debt, to no avail. They just were not interested and they made that plain. More letters, including Lawyers letters too, all ignored as I felt it was pointless writing to those who would not Listen....so I did the same..... This went on for a few years, every so often another letter in the mail box.

I must concede, they were staring to wear me down a little (mission accomplished I guess) so I sat and worked out how much they had spent on postage chasing this alleged debt which to this day I don't really accept . It was a little over 32 quid....and that's not including stationary and time involved.

Well after they sent me a few more, I paid the 14 quid just to get them off my back, and never heard from them again. Hope they thought it was worth it....

Success at any price appeared to be that agency's mission....maintaining there success rate being paramount it would seem....whatever the cost.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: American Express Card Letter- A question?

Thank you ALL for your replies....

I also have AMEX card in the USA that I have not used for quite some time. I never received a letter similar to the one sent by AMEX-Canada....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! these canadians!?????