American car

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American car

Originally Posted by dbd33
Take the cousin to Canada. He/she can drive the car across the border without problems. You can't legally use it but in order to be caught you'd have to be stopped for another offence by a cop who's paying attention, that's not very likely. My daughter has managed to collect several speeding tickets in a vehicle with MN plates without anyone catching on that she can't lawfully operate it. Similarly, I was stopped and cautioned for speeding in a vehicle with CO plates without it going further.
I wouldn't chance it...my daughter would have had problems had she been driving her US car when she was rear ended.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I wouldn't chance it...my daughter would have had problems had she been driving her US car when she was rear ended.
I must admit to being very cautious in driving the CO plated car, I hardly ever drive it on public roads and, when I do, they're in the middle of nowhere.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I must admit to being very cautious in driving the CO plated car, I hardly ever drive it on public roads and, when I do, they're in the middle of nowhere.
I've just remembered when my daughter was a student she was stuck in traffic downtown...a cop walked over to her car and asked why she was driving a US car. She explained...he then told her the year tags on her plates were out of date and if he saw her driving with the same tags again he'd book her. The tags were out of date because NJ had stopped issuing them.