Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Am I making a HUGE mistake!?!?

Am I making a HUGE mistake!?!?

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 3:05 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I making a HUGE mistake!?!?

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
That's quite interesting.

Tilers are rather uncommon in Canada, where roofs are commonly covered in asphalt shingles.

He'd likely do better in the UK.
You are confusing tiler with roofer, a common mistake amongst UK immigrants - if you had been completely assimilated you would know that a tiler, in Canada, fits tiles to bathroom walls, shower stalls, kitchens, floors and chimney stacks.

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 2:33 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are confusing tiler with roofer, a common mistake amongst UK immigrants - if you had been completely assimilated you would know that a tiler, in Canada, fits tiles to bathroom walls, shower stalls, kitchens, floors and chimney stacks.

Oh really? I just do that stuff myself.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 3:29 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
That's quite interesting.
Tilers are rather uncommon in Canada, where roofs are commonly covered in asphalt shingles.
He'd likely do better in the UK.
In case she meant roofer -
Clay tile or ceramic roofs are gaining popularity, and have been big in Vancouver for ages. They make them out of recycled tires as well. Copper roofs are rare, but someone does it. Narrow niche market for wealthy eccentrics and old government buildings though. A man I played darts with saw my darts were made in Waltham-on-Thames and said he did his plumber's apprenticeship there, and that cladding copper roofs was part of the plumbers trade there, said they take a little brake up with them to custom bend.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:34 pm
Banned

Supermum1 is just really niceSupermum1 is just really niceSupermum1 is just really niceSupermum1 is just really niceSupermum1 is just really niceSupermum1 is just really niceSupermum1 is just really niceSupermum1 is just really niceSupermum1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by OntarioIsForLovers
Thats a tough one because my heart is screaming to get back on the plane ASAP but my head is saying to wait, and that I can go to Canada in a couple of years when I have this job on my resume. I guess my IEC is valid until March 2014, if I love my job I will have the answer, if I hate it I can always go to Canada as planned
You have your answer already, right here.
Take the job, if it doesn't work go there sooner, if so, even better you waited and got more experience, and got to do both, which also means no regrets for not having done one of them. Job is more solid than a boyfriend too, no guarantee what will happen in any relationship, I'd always put job before a fella for that reason.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 10:58 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OntarioIsForLovers
He is a tiler, which he can do anywhere, but we both want to live in Canada for the lifestyle
Ah, the lifestyle. . Work out what you would be doing in Ontario that you wouldn't do in England.

If you lived. In England instead of Canada for a few years, well that could be fun. You would have much more vacation time, could visit Europe easily, London, arts, culture. Then after a few years together you coukd do a spouse visa.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I thought it was the other way round in Canada, a boyfriend is the bread winner and a career is just to keep women occupied until they get married and have ikle babies