Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Am i going mental?

Am i going mental?

Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am i going mental?

Originally Posted by iaink
2 Medium pepperoni pizzas and 2 cans of pop = $13.50 With leftovers for dinner
Oooh, you really know how to spoil them.

Originally Posted by iaink
I can tell you dont live anywhere near the Bullfrogs we have in the reach near us!
Nope, no bullfrogs. Mainly because the ducks on our pond think the frogspawn we get every year is a great delicacy, so there's no chance of any tadpoles making it to adulthood!

The guinea fowl are ridiculously noisy though, but they make me laugh and remind me of a bunch of old women, so I'll let them off.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:38 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

The guinea fowl are ridiculously noisy though, but they make me laugh and remind me of a bunch of old women, so I'll let them off.
A bit like that thread on the bachelor then?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:04 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
I have just come back from 2 weeks in England..and i found that i didn't really enjoy it and found myself sin above sin looking forward to coming back to Canada..i put it down to the weather and the constant rain and wind and i had forgotten how i hate getting soaked when you dont have a brolly!

Or maybe i am going mental and my brain is slowing getting used to all the wrongness of Canada that some how it has become right?..anyone else had a similar experience?
I will be returning to Calgary after nearly 5 months in the UK. I can say that I hate the rain and the grey skies. I can't believe that I used to work in the rain all the time going from one job site to another. Its amazing how much I missed my Canadian life.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:28 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
I will be returning to Calgary after nearly 5 months in the UK. I can say that I hate the rain and the grey skies. I can't believe that I used to work in the rain all the time going from one job site to another. Its amazing how much I missed my Canadian life.
i think it has to be a weather thing...Calgary is so sunny compared to the UK especially during the winter. In the UK when its dull and wet it never really seems to get light...however going back to a manual car was bliss and shopping is a much better experience back home.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:58 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

i think it has to be a weather thing...Calgary is so sunny compared to the UK especially during the winter. In the UK when its dull and wet it never really seems to get light...however going back to a manual car was bliss and shopping is a much better experience back home.
lol yep your right, blue skies are so much better.

lol I had a manual in Canada, however I kept attempting to change the gears with my right hand. doh. Yep shopping is so much better in regards to fashion and food. I am going to it make my goal to go back every 2 years when I return. We are just topping up on clothes before we go back.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:05 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
lol yep your right, blue skies are so much better.

lol I had a manual in Canada, however I kept attempting to change the gears with my right hand. doh. Yep shopping is so much better in regards to fashion and food. I am going to it make my goal to go back every 2 years when I return. We are just topping up on clothes before we go back.
Give me warm, wet and grey over freezing your bollocks off and snow any day of the week.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:41 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oink
Give me warm, wet and grey over freezing your bollocks off and snow any day of the week.
lol. I am sure I will be saying that in a couple in of months but not my bollocks as I don't have none.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful050278 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just come back from 2 weeks in England..and i found that i didn't really enjoy it and found myself sin above sin looking forward to coming back to Canada..i put it down to the weather and the constant rain and wind and i had forgotten how i hate getting soaked when you dont have a brolly!

Or maybe i am going mental and my brain is slowing getting used to all the wrongness of Canada that some how it has become right?..anyone else had a similar experience?

My OH wants to go back to UK (only visiting) in the summer. I am sooooo not looking forward to that. I can just see the rain the minute we land. Might even cry when we leave Calgary with +30 degrees temperatures behind us

On the other hand, more time for clothes shopping Topshop here I come!!!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beautiful050278
My OH wants to go back to UK (only visiting) in the summer. I am sooooo not looking forward to that. I can just see the rain the minute we land. Might even cry when we leave Calgary with +30 degrees temperatures behind us

On the other hand, more time for clothes shopping Topshop here I come!!!
Do you know you can order online from Topshop and have it delivered to Canada for £7.50 standard shipping? (Free if your order is over £100)

Just sayin'

Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:08 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I just dont get the clothes shopping thing in the UK. Sure I liked Next and M&S but I like Banana Republic and Le Chateau here. I dont see what the attraction of Primark is at all.

A lot of my friends here constantly miss clothes shopping in the UK, I am just not feeling it now
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:42 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

D
Originally Posted by siouxie
Do you know you can order online from Topshop and have it delivered to Canada for £7.50 standard shipping? (Free if your order is over £100)

Just sayin'

You have to pay import duty on the delivery
Originally Posted by Howefamily
I just dont get the clothes shopping thing in the UK. Sure I liked Next and M&S but I like Banana Republic and Le Chateau here. I dont see what the attraction of Primark is at all.

A lot of my friends here constantly miss clothes shopping in the UK, I am just not feeling it now
The cost makes a big difference, not to mention quality and up to date styles. Primark is cheap and one season stuff, like OldNavy only better.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
D
You have to pay import duty on the delivery

The cost makes a big difference, not to mention quality and up to date styles. Primark is cheap and one season stuff, like OldNavy only better.
It's still cheaper than a flight to the UK, lol.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:27 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats

the only thing I ever bought from Primark fell apart after one wash. Banana Republic has quality items even in the outlet store
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

I'm hoping we will feel the same. Going back for our first family visit in April which is possibly a little too soon as we only arrived in September . We've not been home sick as yet so i'm hoping that is a good sign. Would hate to rock the boat for everyone.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:46 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
the only thing I ever bought from Primark fell apart after one wash. Banana Republic has quality items even in the outlet store
That's the point of Primark though isn't it? i have never bought from them as they don't do fat sizes but you can see that it's cheap tat. Banana Republic is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Clothes used to be cheaper here but now it's definitely worth shopping in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.