Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Am I being took for a mug??

Am I being took for a mug??

Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:27 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being took for a mug??

As most people are saying, they are trying it on. You do not have to have any assessment from a third party before you try. Just go to the CIC website and answer the questions yourself. There are plenty of truckers on this website so it looks like it is relatively easily achievable. I know in New Brunswick they are crying out for truckers so I would expect him to be snapped up in any province.

The immigration consultants save you time, we did it all ourselves and saved about 3000 pounds (2003) but it took us 5 months to get all the paperwork together. Nothing was really difficult but it was something else we had to do at the end of the day.

If money is tight then take the DIY route and the interview option and as someone else pointed out send out cv's to all trucking companies in the area where you are coming too with a cover email or letter explaining that you are in the area and would like to discuss what their requirements are (that way they don't feel like they have to have a position open and both of you can check each other out) I used this technique for our reccie visit and had about 7 interviews lined up. I now work for one of those companies. They offered me a job 5 days after landing.