Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Alot has changed heres hoping

Alot has changed heres hoping

Old Jan 6th 2014, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Alot has changed heres hoping

well as the post suggests my circumstances have changed my partner is pregnant and has decided 100% that she wants to go. so looking at an add in the employment section theres a chance for pnp in BC. just a few questions hopefully help is at hand currently i have some bad credit so before i leave if i was approved would that all need cleared or could i pay it from there. I'm hoping to rent my house out is that a bad idea or not. how long does it all usually take from application to approval. thanks for any help
Old Jan 10th 2014, 5:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alot has changed heres hoping

Originally Posted by george82
well as the post suggests my circumstances have changed my partner is pregnant and has decided 100% that she wants to go. so looking at an add in the employment section theres a chance for pnp in BC. just a few questions hopefully help is at hand currently i have some bad credit so before i leave if i was approved would that all need cleared or could i pay it from there. I'm hoping to rent my house out is that a bad idea or not. how long does it all usually take from application to approval. thanks for any help
You can continue to make payments on any credit situation from Canada. There are a few threads about the pro's and con's of renting a house out in the UK and there is also information in the wiki: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Tax_an...e_Sales-Canada

I believe BC PNP initial nomination approval is between 8 and 16 weeks, once you had approval you would be able to ask for a letter of support and obtain a TWP.

If your partner is pregnant I would make sure that you are covered for all medical expenses; you wouldn't be covered by BC until at least 2 months after arrival, you can read more here: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/info...ible.html#when and you will probably need extra cover to pay for maternity costs.

Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for the reply, wow 8-16 weeks thats quick.
i think my partner may stay here to have the kid and then come over later. if i can pay my debt from there thats perfect. i believe that its the BC pnp so just waiting to hear back. just noticed my passport has expired better get on that over the weekend haha. thanks again
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply, wow 8-16 weeks thats quick.
i think my partner may stay here to have the kid and then come over later. if i can pay my debt from there thats perfect. i believe that its the BC pnp so just waiting to hear back. just noticed my passport has expired better get on that over the weekend haha. thanks again
You are welcome.

I just checked the BC PNP website and they are now saying 12-14 weeks for processing. http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/Ab...ing-Times.aspx

Old Jan 12th 2014, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

this sounds silly but should i sit my ELTS do i need it for php. also my partner will she need it. my last question is if we do all the paperwork at the moment we only have 2 kids but when she comes over we will have 3 is there a way to make the visa ppl aware of that. thanks
Old Jan 12th 2014, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

this sounds silly but should i sit my ELTS do i need it for php. also my partner will she need it. my last question is if we do all the paperwork at the moment we only have 2 kids but when she comes over we will have 3 is there a way to make the visa ppl aware of that. thanks
You don't need IELTS for a PNP app unless in a semi-skilled job. If in doubt as to what's needed, you can check the document checklist on the website.

When is your third child due? It may well be that s/he is born by the time you do the Federal part of the application anyway, but if not then you'd just need to inform cic after the birth.

HTH.