Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

All prospect immigrants to Canada read please

All prospect immigrants to Canada read please

Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:12 pm
Banned

garrett8787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default All prospect immigrants to Canada read please

Hi. Im all for diversity but Saskatchewan has about met it's match with immigration. If you're looking for a place to move in Canada i recommend avoiding Sask. I have lived here my whole life and now i can't even find a job that pays enough to let me live comfortably. Housing costs are outrageous. $200 000 for an absolute junker of a house i wouldn't let my dog live in. My neighbours are 7 adult Filipenoes(3 ILLEGAL btw... ( that's what really gets to me) with 5 children living in a 800 sq foot house.

It used to be an amazing place to live but now that the "starving workforce" is full us hometown guys are being overran and lifestlye went way down and im pretty damn bitter about it. Never thought i'd be the one getting screwed. NWT, Yukon are beautiful places that need population i recommend looking there. Trust me it will be easier than Alberta, sask, manitoba

Last edited by garrett8787; Jan 10th 2010 at 6:33 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All prospect immigrants to Canada read please

Originally Posted by garrett8787
Hi. Im all for diversity but Saskatchewan has about it's match with immigration. If you're looking for a place to move in Canada i recommend avoiding Sask. I have lived here my whole life and now i can't even find a job that pays enough to let me live comfortably. Housing costs are outrageous. $200 000 for an absolute junker of a house i wouldn't let my dog live in. My neighbours are 7 adult Filipenoes(3 illegal btw... ( that's what really gets to me) with 5 children living in a 800 sq foot house.

It used to be an amazing place to live but now that the "starving workforce" is full us hometown guys are being overran and lifestlye went way down and im pretty damn bitter about it. Never thought i'd be the one getting screwed. NWT, Yukon are beautiful places that need population i recommend looking there. Trust me it will be easier than Alberta, sask, manitoba
Forgive me pointing out the obvious but, as immigrants, our objective is to overrun you. We're cheaper, work harder and have no interest in your quaint customs. You are right to fear us.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

NWT, Yukon are beautiful places that need population
There might be a reason for that.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:25 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Forgive me pointing out the obvious but, as immigrants, our objective is to overrun you. We're cheaper, work harder and have no interest in your quaint customs. You are right to fear us.
Speak for yourself... (work harder for less pay.. ahem). The quaint customs though, I agree with that.

To the OP, if the Yukon is so great why don't you go there?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Speak for yourself... (work harder for less pay.. ahem).
That's how I got established. My proudest moment was when the boss laid off the rest of the team and gave me their work to do as extra billable hours. Firms don't hire immigrants because we look nice or because they like our accents; they want the locals and their expensive benefits off the payroll.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Speak for yourself... (work harder for less pay.. ahem). The quaint customs though, I agree with that.

To the OP, if the Yukon is so great why don't you go there?
Family and friends are all here and always have been why should i be forced to move. Im not the one that has nothing and it matters where i live. Im just saying if you havent even been to Canada yet and want to live here for whatever reason Sask isn't very open anymore
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:42 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Surely British, US and Aussie immigrants cannot really be willing to accept that much less than Canadian born citizens though.

I can understand the OP's point regarding Phillipino's, a quick look on the canadianvisa forum will show that there are literally thousands of them trying to work their way into Canada at the moment via any means necassary (legal or otherwise) but I fear that will most likely be scaremongering coupled with the OP's inability to find well-paid work.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:43 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

'We're overrun with 'em! Nearly all the waiters and the cook at the Grand Hotel where we was working last month is foreigners.'
. . . 'and then thers all them Hitalian horgin grinders, an' the blokes wot sells 'ot chestnuts: an' wen I was going' 'ome last night I see a lot of them Frenchies sellin' hunions, an' a little wile afterwards I met two more of 'em comin' up the street with a bear.'
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:44 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Family and friends are all here and always have been why should i be forced to move. Im not the one that has nothing and it matters where i live. Im just saying if you havent even been to Canada yet and want to live here for whatever reason Sask isn't very open anymore
No offence but I doubt this is the place to really argue that, most people on here will be far more concerned with what the CIC have to say or the Canadian media in general. I'm definitely not saying that you shouldn't speak your mind, just that it may fall on deaf ears here and I doubt that you will get all that much support for your argument.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:45 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Is this not the 4th thread you have started in this vain? Perhaps just move instead of whining about it.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:47 pm
Sidecar Falcon

You could understand why he wouldn't want to move just so a bunch of immigrants could take his place though. I don't support his argument in any way whatsoever but I can understand what he's saying in his own way.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:50 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
You could understand why he wouldn't want to move just so a bunch of immigrants could take his place though. I don't support his argument in any way whatsoever but I can understand what he's saying in his own way.
This is an immigrants web site, so are all immigrants not the same, or some are more acceptable than others? This is pretty much all he has posted on here. Not exactly constructive or supported by any credible argument, just babbling whinging.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
No offence but I doubt this is the place to really argue that, most people on here will be far more concerned with what the CIC have to say or the Canadian media in general. I'm definitely not saying that you shouldn't speak your mind, just that it may fall on deaf ears here and I doubt that you will get all that much support for your argument.
I know. I don't even blame them really. I myself have an American born wife so i definitely understand what a pain in the rear it is going through the process as well as a lot of people. The difference is like i said my family and friends were here so it wasn't like she was "landing" for the first time ever or sneaking in illegally like the trend seems to be. Just venting because you know if you bring this up in public like in a mcdonalds or dq it's automatically "rascist" right. and if that's what people think, which 75% of the time they do take it personally right off the bat as that. Your arguement is thrown out the window and you look like the jerk. It's not even like that imo but what can you do

and Aviator what do you think the gov't is? lol that's all politics are. Endless babbling and i have the right to talk as much as anyone. Especially when my life changes dramatically for the worse due to one thing. Im done with this

Last edited by garrett8787; Jan 10th 2010 at 6:57 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Im all for diversity but Saskatchewan has about met it's match with immigration. If you're looking for a place to move in Canada i recommend avoiding Sask. I have lived here my whole life and now i can't even find a job that pays enough to let me live comfortably. Housing costs are outrageous. $200 000 for an absolute junker of a house i wouldn't let my dog live in. My neighbours are 7 adult Filipenoes(3 ILLEGAL btw... ( that's what really gets to me) with 5 children living in a 800 sq foot house.

I rather like the idea of your lifestyle going way down. Who would have thought there was a lower level to go to.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:54 pm
Sidecar Falcon

No absolutely not, I agree with you completely, I just never really think that it's a great idea to blindly dismiss people like this. This is definitely not the best place for this guy to vent his feelings, however the sad truth is that pretty much every western country is full of people just like this OP and ignoring them or dismissing them as foolish can sometimes lead to racism or worse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.