Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

To all the Ottawa peeps!

To all the Ottawa peeps!

Old Aug 30th 2009, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default To all the Ottawa peeps!

It seems on reading through the threads that there's a fair number of us in Ottawa now - would anyone be interested in a get together. It would be good to connect, especially for the relative newcomers to Canada.

I'd be thinking sometime in mid-September on a day that suits the majority - probably dinner and drinks or just drinks? Or something more kid-friendly to allow those with families to bring along their wee ones.

Anyone interested?
Old Aug 30th 2009, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

ottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: To all the Ottawa peeps!

I would be up for it, anytime would suit me although I am popping back to UK on 16th September for a couple of weeks.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

thefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to all

Hi
I would definitely be up for this! As relative newcomers to Canada, 6 months now, I have struggled to make friends and would love to meet other people who have gone through this whole adventure!

We have 3 kids but I don't mind if it's daytime or night time...a few drinks would be nice!

Melanie
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:45 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

I'm in - dinner and drinks or just one or the other doesn't matter to me. )
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:35 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

maybe next time, we won't be there until the start of november
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheadboy
maybe next time, we won't be there until the start of november
We'll just have to go out again then .... ahhh, the hardship!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

How about some time over the weekend of the 12/13th? Dinner or drinks and apps in the Market, followed by the sound & light show on Parliament Hill for those who are up for it?
Amy other suggestions appreciated, I'm open to doing whatever the majority want to do.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:10 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrishB
How about some time over the weekend of the 12/13th? Dinner or drinks and apps in the Market, followed by the sound & light show on Parliament Hill for those who are up for it?
Amy other suggestions appreciated, I'm open to doing whatever the majority want to do.
So, they don't speak any French in Ottawa after all, eh?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

ottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TrishB
Either day works for me
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I'm afraid after a busy day, your comment is lost on me!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

XCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
accidentally saw it last night - it was very bilingual
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

just seen post, I'll have to check with OH whose in the UK at the mo, but would prefer to not take kids (awkward ages) but still haven't done lightshow yet.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to you all.
Have any of you been to Britannia Beach/Park it would be a great place to meet this weekend, especially for the kids.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

So far we've got: me, wannabe, Ottawaharvey, the Finneys.
Anyone else?

So, this weekend or next? If anyone wants to catch the sound and light show, it has to be this weekend.

Howabout we meet up on Saturday for late afternoon/early evening snacks/drinks and then onto the sound and light show. That way, the folks with kids can come along too.

Now, where to meet ... somewhere in the market is probably the best bet. Dubliner?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

thefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to all

Hi,

I hate to bail out and was looking forward to this but all three of my children have today come down with sniffles and temperatures! I don't know if they will be ok for Saturday and I wouldn't trust my brother to babysit three sick kids!

If people really want to see the light / sound show, which I do, then please go ahead on Saturday without us...if not then I am up for next week!

Melanie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.