Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

All News from Blighty Thread

All News from Blighty Thread

Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:55 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All News from Blighty Thread

I read that a Gay Pride march in East London was cancelled because it turned out that some of the lead pouffes were linked to the EDF and that there was an anti-Muslim sentiment to the Gay Pride event.

"What do we want? Equality for poofs! But not brown ones!"
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
..."What do we want? Equality for poofs! But not brown ones!"
Gah! Haven't they ever played 'Diversity Poker'? Ethnicity trumps Sexual Orientation every time
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:04 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

I read that a Gay Pride march in East London was cancelled because it turned out that some of the lead pouffes were linked to the EDF and that there was an anti-Muslim sentiment to the Gay Pride event.

"What do we want? Equality for poofs! But not brown ones!"
I realise the intentionally provocative (& none too subtle) tone of your post but I have to wonder if you'd bandy around racist invectives as freely as you deploy homophobic ones just for the sake of trolling...

The gay community is fast becoming the soft target for people too scared to vent about other sections of society they deem contemptuous...

I wonder if you fear being banned for using a word like nigger but judge yourself to be on safe ground by sticking to words like pouffe (poof)...

Judging by the general tone of moderation on the Canada forum I'm guessing you're pretty safe..
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:25 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
I realise the intentionally provocative (& none too subtle) tone of your post but I have to wonder if you'd bandy around racist invectives as freely as you deploy homophobic ones just for the sake of trolling...

The gay community is fast becoming the soft target for people too scared to vent about other sections of society they deem contemptuous...

I wonder if you fear being banned for using a word like nigger but judge yourself to be on safe ground by sticking to words like pouffe (poof)...

Judging by the general tone of moderation on the Canada forum I'm guessing you're pretty safe..
Isn't a pouffe what you rest your feet on anyway ?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:29 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

What is a gay community? I thought equality meant being part of mainstream society. If people choose to identify themselves as somehow separate from society, a community unto themselves, then they must expect that other people will find terms to describe them.

Is the word "poof" homopohobic? I don't think so. You seem to be one of these people who are determined to be offended on other people's behalf.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:58 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm offended on my behalf.

I had the shit kicked out of me 15 years ago because I had the temerity to have a pint with a gay friend in a gay pub.

On leaving the pub one of the last things I remember was being called a poof. The rest is a little foggy, having two people stamping on your head will do that..

Is the word "Poof" a deliberately inflammatory term used to subjugate..?.. Yes, obviously it is.

Are you a homophobe hiding behind bad humour or a voice of reason in the face politically correct madness.?..

I don't really care, you offend me..
Old Mar 17th 2011, 4:18 pm
Lowering the tone

I'm offended on my behalf.

I had the shit kicked out of me 15 years ago because I had the temerity to have a pint with a gay friend in a gay pub.

On leaving the pub one of the last things I remember was being called a poof. The rest is a little foggy, having two people stamping on your head will do that..

Is the word "Poof" a deliberately inflammatory term used to subjugate..?.. Yes, obviously it is.

Are you a homophobe hiding behind bad humour or a voice of reason in the face politically correct madness.?..

I don't really care, you offend me..

Actually, it was more a mockery of the supposed 'tolerance' of these East London homosexuals. "Rights for poofs, but not Paki poofs."

People are people. Doesn't matter to me one bit what colour they are, or who they bump uglies with. But if you choose to pick one particular facet of your personality and march down the High Street telling me how proud you are of it, then don't be surprised if it suddenyl becomes the first thing that I choose to identify you with.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:21 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I once had a large gay following, but I ducked behind a car and lost him.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:35 pm
Lowering the tone

Originally Posted by Oink
I once had a large gay following, but I ducked behind a car and lost him.
Homophobe.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 6:24 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Actually, it was more a mockery of the supposed 'tolerance' of these East London homosexuals. "Rights for poofs, but not Paki poofs."

People are people. Doesn't matter to me one bit what colour they are, or who they bump uglies with. But if you choose to pick one particular facet of your personality and march down the High Street telling me how proud you are of it, then don't be surprised if it suddenyl becomes the first thing that I choose to identify you with.
Well that explains it then.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 8:48 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I emigrated if only to move away from the pies.

Pies Kill.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 9:26 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

On a lighter note

Ticket sales are going well for another shindig in East London

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/...-201103163631/
Old Mar 26th 2011, 11:15 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Riot on the streets on London

http://www.smh.com.au/world/proteste...327-1cbj4.html
Old Mar 27th 2011, 5:41 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
I read that headline with some dismay today ... but on closer reading it was a large and mostly peaceful protest march, with a relatively small number of the usual oiks who just like to break things (and bash policemen). Not really protesting at all.