Reload this Page >

Which airlines take pets?

Wikiposts

Which airlines take pets?

Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Parris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which airlines take pets?

I have just come off the phone from Airtransit after being on hold for over 45mins for the pet dept!! :curse: just to be told that they will no longer take pets from the UK on flights.

Does anyone know why she couldn't answer the question as to why they don't take pets from the UK and does anyone know which airline does take pets? Many thanks

Tanya
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which airlines take pets?

Hi Tanya,

We are taking our parrots using Zoom. I believe Air Canada take cats and dogs, but I don't think they take any other type of pets,

Good luck!
Rachel
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:13 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Parris
I have just come off the phone from Airtransit after being on hold for over 45mins for the pet dept!! :curse: just to be told that they will no longer take pets from the UK on flights.

Does anyone know why she couldn't answer the question as to why they don't take pets from the UK and does anyone know which airline does take pets? Many thanks

Tanya
If you go buy Air Canada you can take them as cargo and if you go by Zoom you have to hire a company e.g. ladyhaye to take them over

http://www.ladyhaye.co.uk/
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:17 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Wiki article on Transporting Pets.
x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:49 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
There is a Wiki article on Transporting Pets.
x
I need to remember to link the wiki next time lol
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

oldnotwise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tanja

Were taking our dogs over to Calgary with us via zoom. We also spent hours trying to speak to someone a Air Transat, only to told that they no longer carry from the UK.

We followed the link from zoom website to the sister company that is Thompson Cargo and they have been fantastic to deal with. Its costing us just over a grand for two Springer Spaniels via zoom compared with over £1600 with Air Canada, plus we get to fly from Manchester rather than London which suits us.

We have also had quotes from dog shipping companies for the same flight and they were all around £250 more for the same flight so we have done it ouourselves.

I hope that this helps and that your future plans go well

Mike.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oldnotwise
Hi Tanja

Were taking our dogs over to Calgary with us via zoom. We also spent hours trying to speak to someone a Air Transat, only to told that they no longer carry from the UK.

We followed the link from zoom website to the sister company that is Thompson Cargo and they have been fantastic to deal with. Its costing us just over a grand for two Springer Spaniels via zoom compared with over £1600 with Air Canada, plus we get to fly from Manchester rather than London which suits us.

We have also had quotes from dog shipping companies for the same flight and they were all around £250 more for the same flight so we have done it ouourselves.

I hope that this helps and that your future plans go well

Mike.
Thanks for all your replies will get on to Air Canada now & Zoom.
x

Last edited by Parris; Mar 10th 2008 at 9:40 am.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Celia Medley is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies will get on to Air Canada now.
x
Hi Tanja,

We took our cats to ''Airpets'' and they were due to fly out on Air Canada but then they flew out British Airways. So if Air Canada are full I know B.A. also transport animals over.

Celia.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Celia Medley
Hi Tanja,

We took our cats to ''Airpets'' and they were due to fly out on Air Canada but then they flew out British Airways. So if Air Canada are full I know B.A. also transport animals over.

Celia.
Thanks will check them as well, the things we do for our pets!!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

It also depends on the pet...some airlins will take dogs and cats but not say...snakes.

Deb
snake-mum
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Air Canada and BA take pets, however most of the other airlines no longer take 'snub nose dogs' (if you have one).
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

They can fly on the same flight as you but they have to go cargo rather than as excess baggage. We flew with Canadian Affair from Manchester (Thomas Cook flight) and the cats could have come on the same flight. In the end we opted to send them a couple of days earlier, still with Thomas Cook, seeing as we had to pay the cargo price anyway. My OH was already out here so it meant I could drop them off at the airport and he could pick them up here, so less stress for me!!

We used Air Supply Shipping Agents, not sure if they just operate out of Manchester though.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:42 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Hi - we are moving out in june and bringing our 2 dogs - one very large, one very small

I looked into transporting ourselves and it seemed to be a bit of a pain especially as pets need to be there 4 hours before flight ect ect - so i looked into pet shipping companies
I personally found Airpets to be VERY expensive in comparison to others - cheapest i found was Transfur - very very helpful and take the headache out of it all - I was more worried about my big dog as he has had to have a crate specially built - little one is same size as cat so no bother.
managed to get shpiing sorted for around £1300 - but majority of cost is due to big lad - OH almost had a seizure and was ready for packing the big dogs bags and shipping to local dog home - eeeeeek . managed to negotiate ( ha ha ) and he has now calmed down a little though have to be careful everytime Loki puts a paw wrong

My biggest worry is at the other side - we will be staying in Motel / hotel for a few weeks until we buy a house - Dogs will be going to kennels so need to find kennels that will collect from BC airport and transport to kennels and keep both dogs without me breaking the bank or causing OH to have the seizure he almost had with the flight cost - lol
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

holbendem is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Which airlines take pets?

[QUOTE=Parris;6043894]I have just come off the phone from Airtransit after being on hold for over 45mins for the pet dept!! :curse: just to be told that they will no longer take pets from the UK on flights.

Tanya[/QUO

Hi Tanya

We fly this sat to Calgary with 2 medium dogs and 1 cat, we tried contacting all companies and the cheapest at £1400 was Animal Airlines they do everything for you and meet you at the airport and check the animals in they will travel on the same flight as us ( ZOOM) and they supply all the crates and legal paperwork for you.

There no is 01625 827414 up to now I can't thought them but im not in Canada yet

Best of luck for your travels HOLBENDEM
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=holbendem;6046085]

Tanya[/QUO

Hi Tanya

We fly this sat to Calgary with 2 medium dogs and 1 cat, we tried contacting all companies and the cheapest at £1400 was Animal Airlines they do everything for you and meet you at the airport and check the animals in they will travel on the same flight as us ( ZOOM) and they supply all the crates and legal paperwork for you.

There no is 01625 827414 up to now I can't thought them but im not in Canada yet

Best of luck for your travels HOLBENDEM
Thanks will get a quote from them, will give them a quick search now on the net.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.