Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Air Transat now fly out of B'ham...and cheap too!

Air Transat now fly out of B'ham...and cheap too!

Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default Air Transat now fly out of B'ham...and cheap too!

Hi All
Thought I would let you all know of the new route that Air Transat have now added.
Before they only flew out of Manchester or Gatwick, but they now fly out of Birmingham as well direct to Toronto.
Canadian Affair used to be the best ones to use, but I have now found that Air Transat are the best priced airline to use. (I have flown with them a couple of times and find them to be as good as any other airline)

I am planning on going to Canada in October and the best price is £259.41 return, inc taxes and surcharges.

If anyone knows of a better airline to use that is cheaper than this, then please let me know!!
Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Transat now fly out of B'ham...and cheap too!

Originally Posted by pinzo
Hi All
Thought I would let you all know of the new route that Air Transat have now added.
Before they only flew out of Manchester or Gatwick, but they now fly out of Birmingham as well direct to Toronto.
Canadian Affair used to be the best ones to use, but I have now found that Air Transat are the best priced airline to use. (I have flown with them a couple of times and find them to be as good as any other airline)

I am planning on going to Canada in October and the best price is £259.41 return, inc taxes and surcharges.

If anyone knows of a better airline to use that is cheaper than this, then please let me know!!
Thanks

I am due to come in August to Calgary for the second time with Transat and found them ok. No complaints at all.

Cheapest by far is Zoom Airlines a friend of mine is using them in July - not sure if they go from Brimingham yet though
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks
Air Transat also fly out of Galsgow and Edinburgh (and have done so for a few years now!) - just for the benefit of anyone reading who's a newbie!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:21 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks
just checked all 3 sites. canadian affair still cheapest for me. suppose it depends when you're flying though
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Sunwing.com and Air India are now also flying to UK/ Canada - good more competition should mean cheaper flight
Old Jun 6th 2006, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

mctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nice

Originally Posted by ray1968
Sunwing.com and Air India are now also flying to UK/ Canada - good more competition should mean cheaper flight
I think you mean sunwing.ca.

HTH,

Mike.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mctunes
I think you mean sunwing.ca.

HTH,

Mike.
yes .sorry
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Your Title to this post should read................

Air Transat now fly out of B'Ham...and Crap too!

Only my opinion...But from experience I found them to be awful...that said and done if you need to keep the cost down, and don't mind how you travel...then use them.