Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Air Transat Luggage Allowance

Air Transat Luggage Allowance

Old Apr 4th 2011, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

DisasterPiece is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Transat Luggage Allowance

I'm confused over the Luggage allowance.

A few of us are planning to do the 2011/12 ski season and will all be taking a set of skis with us to canada. Are best option is probably air transat as it is the cheapest, but I cant get a straight answer about their baggage policies.

By the looks of things its either,
20kg for everything (including ski carriage) and 5kg for carry on

or

20kg for check in luggage, 20kg for ski equipment + 5kg for a carry on

has anyone used air transat in the past with skis? we cant really affor the £900+ for BA or Air Canada flights

Thanks
Old Apr 4th 2011, 4:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Transat Luggage Allowance

I believe it would be in addition to your normal allowance, meaning you would have 20kg baggage, 5kg carry on and 20kg ski equipment.

This webpage has all the details:

http://www.airtransat.co.uk/en/gamme...voyageur&id=25

SPORTING EQUIPMENT

In addition to the free baggage allowance, you are allowed to carry specific sporting equipment free of charge as shown on the list below. Please note that only one item listed in the grid will be transported free of charge to a maximum of 20 kg (44 lb.) per passenger, and personal baggage and/or other sporting equipment cannot be substituted for the free sporting equipment allowance. Should the sport item combined with the personal baggage exceed the free allowance per person, applicable excess baggage fees will apply.

All sporting equipment is accepted with a signed Limited Release form, releasing Air Transat from any claim in regards to damage. It is important that passengers make sure items are covered by their personal insurance. Consult your travel or insurance agent.

Ski equipment (snow or water) or Snowboard
Free
Any regular size
Any regular weight up to 20 kg (44 lb.) max.
Consists of:

1 pair of skis
1 pair of boots
1 pair of poles
or

1 snowboard
1 pair of snow boots
Cover pole tips.

Place your skis and poles or board in a pouch and boots in another bag.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 4th 2011 at 4:35 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

DisasterPiece is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Air Transat Luggage Allowance

Yeah i saw that but its this line that throws me

"Should the sport item combined with the personal baggage exceed the free allowance per person, applicable excess baggage fees will apply."

which sounds like its contradicting itself

or am I just looking to much into it?