Air Transat

Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

OakvilleSarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Transat

I have booked with Air Transat for the end of August, I have flown with them before but never on my own with 3 children

My youngest is 7 months. I have tried searching the website and have just been on hold with them for 10 minutes before I gave up......does anyone know if I can get some assistance at the other end, I believe that they don't give you your stroller from the hold but that it comes out with the rest of the baggage, i'm not sure how I will get through customs with my hand luggage and a 22lb lump in my arms, not to mention my other two who will have their own back packs full of crap......plus we have a mixture of Canadian and UK passports so I can't zip through the EU line.

Has anyone ever done this before?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:25 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Transat

Originally Posted by OakvilleSarah
I have booked with Air Transat for the end of August, I have flown with them before but never on my own with 3 children

My youngest is 7 months. I have tried searching the website and have just been on hold with them for 10 minutes before I gave up......does anyone know if I can get some assistance at the other end, I believe that they don't give you your stroller from the hold but that it comes out with the rest of the baggage, i'm not sure how I will get through customs with my hand luggage and a 22lb lump in my arms, not to mention my other two who will have their own back packs full of crap......plus we have a mixture of Canadian and UK passports so I can't zip through the EU line.

Can you tell us the exact date you're flying so we can avoid that flight at all costs.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:15 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Can you tell us the exact date you're flying so we can avoid that flight at all costs.
oooh you Bad!!

Sarah - jut ask the stewardess nicely when you get on - sometimes you get the strollers back at the plane, sometimes not! But I would just play wide eyed innocent with a v bad back !
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

I'm flying Air Transat at the end of August too, Toronto to Manchester. If I see someone struggling with 3 kids I will know who it is.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I travel in September...Many flights ago I invested 'mucho dinero' in a pair of Bose 'Noise cancelling headphones'. Best investment I ever made.....I am no longer tempeted to go on a murderous rampage when surrounded and trapped on a transatlantic flight by crying/screaming kids.....with parents who seem oblivious that said noise is planting murderous thoughts in otherwise very peaceful non violent people.....

P.S....enjoy your flight....
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:17 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

If you take the stroller onboard they flight attendant will stow it for you, at least Air Canada and BA do. Then you will get it back as you exit the aircraft. Anything stowed in the hold will not come back to you until you get to baggage reclaim. The flight attendants don't go scurrying through the cans in the hold trying to find a stroller.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:18 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
I travel in September...Many flights ago I invested 'mucho dinero' in a pair of Bose 'Noise cancelling headphones'. Best investment I ever made.....I am no longer tempeted to go on a murderous rampage when surrounded and trapped on a transatlantic flight by crying/screaming kids.....with parents who seem oblivious that said noise is planting murderous thoughts in otherwise very peaceful non violent people.....

P.S....enjoy your flight....
The answer to that is fly up front, few noisy kids in Club or First.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
The answer to that is fly up front, few noisy kids in Club or First.
I am but a poor immigrant ''prol'......and I don't do the lottery.....
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:38 am
Account Closed

The kid haters are out in full force tonight, I'll make sure that if I ever come across any of you that my sons will enjoy kicking your seat for the full duration of the flight.

Nice to know that on a flight that I am ****ing dreading that I will also be angering my fellow passengers by my very presence. If you really think that tutting at a woman alone with a baby when it cries doesn't make you a twat of the highest order then you are mistaken.

Just think.....it might be one f my children wiping your arse or saving your life when you are 90.

Thank you and goodnight
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 2:44 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what airports you are going through, but they have a (limited) "LIMO" service (free buggies) at some airports, and also bassinets for the little one on the plane if you pre-book and pay:
http://www.airtransat.ca/en/Info/tra...tType=voyageur

Also family check-in's at some airports and you can ask for assistance when you check in for at the other end: http://www.airtransat.ca/en/Info/che...tType=voyageur

They also have some kind of kids club you can join that gets you a few freebies for future flights.

We have a mix of UK and Canadian passports and last time we went through Heathrow we asked the guy at the entrance to all the queues and he said it would be fine for us to use the UK/EU line.

One thing I did wonder though was whether you will be allowed to travel with 3 kids as a 'lone' adult - I'm not sure if there are any regulations out there that say one or two children per adult or anything - might be worth checking before you go!

And finally.....good luck!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:01 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

That's a long flight to be subjected to crying kids. It's common decency and consideration not to take child on plane under the age of three.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
That's a long flight to be subjected to crying kids. It's common decency and consideration not to take child on plane under the age of three.
Are you ****ing kidding me......you are always antagonistic on this site, I very hardly use it but I always see you....... why don't you go **** yourself and get a life........step away from your computer and go breathe in that fresh Canadian air.......and while your at it think about how your words affect people in real life.

Sad bastard.

Bye bye British ex pats and thanks to all the people who have been helpful.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:22 am

Are you ****ing kidding me......you are always antagonistic on this site, I very hardly use it but I always see you....... why don't you go **** yourself and get a life........step away from your computer and go breathe in that fresh Canadian air.......and while your at it think about how your words affect people in real life.

Sad bastard.

Charming. It's just an opinion, and one I suspect many people hold. Who in their right mind would relish being subjected to other people's noisy children for 10 hours?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:23 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

When you've calmed down and taken a chill pill. (not you oink)

You can ask for assistance but it is hit and miss if you get it. My Mum asked for wheel chair assistance, she got it UK end but there was nothing Canada end and it's a ridiculously long walk at Calgary.

I feel sorry for youngsters crying, their ears are probably hurting really bad. BUT when a parent lets their child repeatedly kick the chair in front or stand up grabbing the head rest pulling hair at the same time, screaming because they are bored then the parents and the children should be jettisoned off the plane.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Sad bastard.

Dont let bad responses get to you.

I was in the exact situation as you - 3 kids on my own but further - Vancouver. I took the stroller to the aircraft and they tagged it for hand baggage 'to be removed at gate' but it was taken to the baggage area and I had 3 kids to walk...However, my youngest was 2 so was able to go on his own....Well run on his own!!

Each of my kids had a little kids trolley bag - under 20 quid from Argos/Disney store - which helped me. It took us ages to walk but we got there. The immigration queue was crazy and my kids just ran straight through the snake of people to the front......AWESOME, NOT!!! I got them back together and we eventually got to the front. As my 2 year old was flaked out, he caused a scene and the immigration officer was brilliant. She went through the drill and offered to get me assistance. She advised if no one could help in baggage to come and see her and she would arrange help. I paid a porter $20 and he took care of all my baggage straight to the car while I pushed my stroller and looked after my kids. He saved my sanity!!!!

For those complaining about kids on board........I am totally on it when my kids act like that and even though the people in front can hear me addressing my kids and keeping on top of it I still got horror looks from them.....I actually had other passengers commenting that they were only kids and I shouldnt worry about the IGNORANT passengers. I am sorry but you cant expect a child to sit perfect on a flight. I entertained my kids and they were as good as gold. However, the ass who sat in front of me chose to keep his seat back the whole flight and snore and coughed the entire time. Then he hung his sweaty body over me as he got his luggage and did not apologise once.......In my opinion I would rather have a few noisy kids......May I just add that the inflight entertainment did not work for the whole 10 hour flight. SO I think we did rather well!!! We even had passengers commenting on how well behaved my kids were and how they didnt even realise they were on board.......One even said the guy snoring made more noise than my boys hahahaha!!!!!

Anyway...... Email Canadian Affair ([email protected]) and tell them you cant get hold of Air Transat.......Give them all your booking details/reference/dates etc and ask for meet and assist upon arrival. Do this again at check-in. Air Transat own Canadian Affair so you should get some help - if not at least a contact that will work. Also, Grab the flight attendant before landing and ask if there will be anyone to assist once landing and if they can get the stroller to the gate on arrival. Then you know you have done everything possible.

Good luck and dont worry....I made it with no sleep and didnt have a breakdown so fingers crossed you will be okay!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.