Air Transat

Old Sep 14th 2005, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Default Air Transat

Has anyone any comments about flights with Air Transat booked through Globespan, as they seem to have some cheep flights available at the moment. There baggage allowance is also 40kg if you upgrade to Club Class. Plus £3 per additional kilo.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Air Transat

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Has anyone any comments about flights with Air Transat booked through Globespan, as they seem to have some cheep flights available at the moment. There baggage allowance is also 40kg if you upgrade to Club Class. Plus £3 per additional kilo.
Hi Mike,
just returned from Toronto this am with air transaat, no problems, cheap flights so we could afford to upgrade to club class. aircraft clean & comfy, food very nice, cabin crew v. pleasant, and best of all, it took around ten minutes from getting off the plane to collecting luggage, we were in our hire car within 20 mins of landing. Will definitely use them again.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

sam/stu is an unknown quantity at this point

You get what you pay for basically. When we flew with them in March my husband spend 7+ hours with his knees round his ear-holes and I mastered the technique of eating with my elbows touching my waist!!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sam/stu
You get what you pay for basically. When we flew with them in March my husband spend 7+ hours with his knees round his ear-holes and I mastered the technique of eating with my elbows touching my waist!!!!!!
That was our problem when we flew with them. The seats are extra close together (front to back) so that the tray table can only be half the depth it is in regular planes. When they served dinner they had to ask everyone to put the seat backs up or the passenger behind you wouldn't be able to eat! I wouldn't fly them again because of that. I would rather pay a bit more and be more comfortable.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I flew it was with Air Transat. Nothing special, did the job, no complaints.

When I travelled my golf bag was exempt from the luggage allowance...youd be surprised how much heavy non golf related stuff you can cram in a golf bag!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of

Yes it is worth it to upgrade, still cheaper than BA, Air france, Air canada etc. cost us extra £110 each for club, you get much more room, real crockery & forks (plastic knives though) and unlimited wines, beer, etc.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Yes it is worth it to upgrade, still cheaper than BA, Air france, Air canada etc. cost us extra £110 each for club, you get much more room, real crockery & forks (plastic knives though) and unlimited wines, beer, etc.
They don't offer this on all flights though. When we flew Toronto to Paris it was not offered, all seats were the same class and VERY small. I still have the set of miniature silverware they gave us to eat with (pre 9/11 so you got a real metal knife too). They look like something you would buy a toddler. :-)
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:28 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Flew into Toronto in July with them. No real problems except that we tried to upgrade seats on way back out of Lester pearson and they said you couldn't do that at the check-in desk and had to leave the queue and go to another desk. Don't think so! The queue behind us was huge.

Like Iaink says: "Nothing special, did the job." I would use them again if that's a recommendation?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:35 pm
Cowtown

Originally Posted by annie3-4
... plastic knives though ...
The plastic knives bit I don't get ... do they really think that you can't as effectively injure someone with a fork as you can with a table knife??

Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

ramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cowtown
The plastic knives bit I don't get ... do they really think that you can't as effectively injure someone with a fork as you can with a table knife??

You get what you pay for.
Transat is a cheap budget airline. I have used them a few times and being on a budget and thankful that I can jump on a flight back home for the price of a good night out in Glasgow, I will use them time and time again.

Leg room might be tight, but worth it to see my mum when the dreaded homesickness kicks in.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Jo & Rick is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew with them in March this year very good on the whole, what has been said about legroom in very correct but if you can get up once in a while to have a stretch not so bad. worth it if you can upgrade though not many places for this option. Also checkin is seperate and I never saw a queue at this desk. Have a good trip.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:27 pm
Cowtown

Originally Posted by ramac
You get what you pay for.
It's not an issue of price - you get a plastic knife eating at Chilli's in Calgary airport - the rest of the cutlery is still metal

Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:05 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

We phoned them today to enquire about taking our dogs on a flight with them in october, and they said their books are closed for this year now, they are only taking bookings for next year.I think it depends on where you are going, we are going to N.S.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happydayz
We phoned them today to enquire about taking our dogs on a flight with them in october, and they said their books are closed for this year now, they are only taking bookings for next year.I think it depends on where you are going, we are going to N.S.
I asked about dogs/Calgary for late October and they were OK