Air India

Old May 27th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

pcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the rough
Default Air India

Hi,

Need to get back to the UK from toronto for a quick visit home and the usual airlines are even more expensive than usual!!!! Just seen a really cheap deal with Air India.... I have never travelled with them before. Anybody got any experiance of the Air India service from Toronto to London?

Cheers,

P
Old May 27th 2009, 12:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air India

Originally Posted by pcuz
Hi,

Need to get back to the UK from toronto for a quick visit home and the usual airlines are even more expensive than usual!!!! Just seen a really cheap deal with Air India.... I have never travelled with them before. Anybody got any experiance of the Air India service from Toronto to London?

Cheers,

P
It was very good indeed in 1981.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:03 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

I flew with them London-Toronto back in 1995 when I was a poor student and they were absolutely fine, although the in-flight meal was a little on the spicy side!!!
Old May 27th 2009, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

laidback4 is on a distinguished road

We're flying with them to Toronto from LHR when we land in July. They were £1600 return for 3 adults and 1 child, about £1000 less than BA or AC.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:30 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers,

P
I've never flown with them but I know they don't get rave reviews when it comes to in-flight service. Let's face it, though. How important is food, booze and entertainment on a night flight? You'll be asleep most of the time. If it's really cheap, I'd go for it.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:55 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I just checked the out for some dates that I am going back to the Uk and didnt find them cheaper. I would shop around more if I was you.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

islandboy will become famous soon enough

yes back when I traveled cheep they were very good not a bad thing to say about them. Dont ever travel Egypt air what a nightmare!
Old May 27th 2009, 2:24 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers,

P
Attractive South Asian air hostesses as well if thats something of yoru liking
Old May 27th 2009, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

giggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nice

Hi,

Cheers,

P
Some friends of ours travelled with Air India last year from Birmingham with there 2 kids and they had no problems.
Old May 27th 2009, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Cyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond repute

If you're only going to be sat in the plane for 7 hours (with Atlantic tailwinds pushing you along) you should be okay, especially as you'll be joining on the start of the return leg (after it's been cleaned etc). Coming back might be another matter entirely as you'll be joining the plane enroute from Delhi or Amritsar - and you'll be experiencing chaotic humanity at it's best.

I've flown on AI before and it's not at the top of my list for service or punctuality...but if this is a one-off time, than I'd say go for it. You only live once.
Old May 27th 2009, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Looks like I am the exception here, but I flew to New york and when checking in the weighing machine was broken and it terrified me seeing the sizes of cases and boxes that were just being out through! when we boarded the flight was a stopover from another destination.....the plane looked like a scene from an evacuation movie....bodies sprawled over the seats (including ours), the paper seat head covers where greasy and screwed up where they had obviously not been changed for a long while......and worst of all there was vomit in the isle (or something that seriously smelt and resembled vomit!).

During the flight everyone received their meals with the exception of the two of us, when we advised the stewardess she bluntly stated "there is nothing left now" and walked away.

When the duty free trolley thundered by without stopping to my "excuse me" I pressed the button for the stewardess and advised her I wanted to purchase some perfume.....she replied "duty free has finished now".

Now all that was on the outward flight and the return was uneventful, non the less I was fuming at the way we were treated as 2nd class citizens and had every intention of complaining. On our return I called air India to obtain the postal address, the person at the end of the telephone asked me what it was in connection with and when I explained I was mysteriously disconnected! Persevering I did obtain the address and sent in a letter of complaint.....guess what....no reply.

I did let the matter fade until now and this thread brought it all back to me.....I shall NEVER fly air India even if the prices were 50% cheaper.

This could have happened to me with any airline and I would feel the same (my OH says the same about air Transat yet I have never had a bad experience with them), so please take my rant with a pinch of salt and enjoy your trip, at best it will add to your trip.....at worst.....well, an extended snooze helps make it go away for a few hours.
Old May 27th 2009, 6:36 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skyturner
Looks like I am the exception here, but I flew to New york and when checking in the weighing machine was broken and it terrified me seeing the sizes of cases and boxes that were just being out through! when we boarded the flight was a stopover from another destination.....the plane looked like a scene from an evacuation movie....bodies sprawled over the seats (including ours), the paper seat head covers where greasy and screwed up where they had obviously not been changed for a long while......and worst of all there was vomit in the isle (or something that seriously smelt and resembled vomit!).

During the flight everyone received their meals with the exception of the two of us, when we advised the stewardess she bluntly stated "there is nothing left now" and walked away.

When the duty free trolley thundered by without stopping to my "excuse me" I pressed the button for the stewardess and advised her I wanted to purchase some perfume.....she replied "duty free has finished now".

Now all that was on the outward flight and the return was uneventful, non the less I was fuming at the way we were treated as 2nd class citizens and had every intention of complaining. On our return I called air India to obtain the postal address, the person at the end of the telephone asked me what it was in connection with and when I explained I was mysteriously disconnected! Persevering I did obtain the address and sent in a letter of complaint.....guess what....no reply.

I did let the matter fade until now and this thread brought it all back to me.....I shall NEVER fly air India even if the prices were 50% cheaper.

This could have happened to me with any airline and I would feel the same (my OH says the same about air Transat yet I have never had a bad experience with them), so please take my rant with a pinch of salt and enjoy your trip, at best it will add to your trip.....at worst.....well, an extended snooze helps make it go away for a few hours.
Thats just how I thought they would be. Dont know why, but I did.
Old May 27th 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jacq & Brian
Thats just how I thought they would be. Dont know why, but I did.
For 2 adults and one child Air India was only £9 cheaper the Air Canada for June when we booked. So I didn't take chance and we are coming Air Canada. Not long now
Old May 28th 2009, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

I flew Air India to NYC from LHR in March 2006 - never again.

The plane was scruffy, dated and smelly (as it had come in from India and LHR was just a stop off en route to NYC), the food was very spicy (even if like me you like spicy food it was a bit much!), entertainment system terrible and the attendants were rude and didn't ensure all overhead lockers were closed and all seatbelts fastened before take off. One did have a yelling match with a parent when she did realise that his child's seatbelt wasn't fastened. Easily the worst flight I've ever been on, I couldn't wait to get off.
Old May 28th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by adele
I flew Air India to NYC from LHR in March 2006 - never again.

The plane was scruffy, dated and smelly (as it had come in from India and LHR was just a stop off en route to NYC), the food was very spicy (even if like me you like spicy food it was a bit much!), entertainment system terrible and the attendants were rude and didn't ensure all overhead lockers were closed and all seatbelts fastened before take off. One did have a yelling match with a parent when she did realise that his child's seatbelt wasn't fastened. Easily the worst flight I've ever been on, I couldn't wait to get off.
Yep, I flew Air India from LHR to NYC 4 years ago and the plane was exactly the same as above as it had come from India also. Food very spicy and complimentary Tiger beer but during takeoff one of the wall panels fell off, needless to say I was so glad to arrive safely, never flown with them since or ever will again, would rather pay more!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.