Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Air Fares from CA to UK

Air Fares from CA to UK

Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:51 pm
Prince Albert SK

handyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Air Fares from CA to UK

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
have a look here: http://www.gotravelflights.com/reser...=EN&country=CA I cant remember when you were flying but if its after june WPG to gatwick return seems reasonable

Before you get excited about the train to new york, have you sen the price

I looked at that from wpg last year, I thought they were quoting to buy the train. we(4 of us) ended up getting flights to NY and then QM2 to southampton for less than one ways to London
I was joking much the same as the Canadian travel industries is.
I,m dead on this topic now Thanks anyway.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

SesameBun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by handyandy
Was it a thomascook flight or air transat own plane that you have used, from Calgary use TC plane, reports of late flights, food not very good cabin staff un-friendly, and when upgraded or booked extra leg room you get bumped at the airport and get what your given.
Got reviews from http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm, and also on search on this web site, there was a thread about air transat.
I was always on an Air Transat owned flight. I have had a few late flights, but they almost always made up for it and landed either on time or early. I agree that the food was not so impressive in the beginning, but improved greatly over time (started off always being some unidentified substance tasting vaguely of potatoes/pasta in white sauce and went to some very delicious curries with rice and vegetables and two other snacks served). The staff were very friendly and we never had any problem booking for extra leg room (it's necessary for my husband as he's too tall to be comfortable in your average seat).

Reading the reviews on the site you posted, it seems most people have been having very different experiences from us...
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Aviator
So thats another way of saying you don't have a clue then?
Its another way of saying that the 'experts' dont have a clue.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:52 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Its another way of saying that the 'experts' dont have a clue.
Or some non experts are blowing hot air - Guess at least it might save money on air fares.