Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Air Fares from CA to UK

Air Fares from CA to UK

Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:22 pm
Prince Albert SK

handyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Air Fares from CA to UK

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz
you might have to scroll thru a few pages but worth it if it save a few quid or dollars.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ng-thread.html

you don't need to be member to read, only to post
That's a great web site lots of good information Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:45 pm
Prince Albert SK

handyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SesameBun
I did this too. I sometimes found the Canadian version of the site would have a sudden rise in price while I was in the middle of booking the flight. So I would go to the UK site and it would be the original price for the exact same flight.

My husband and I found Air Transat to be the cheapest airline to fly with when going to Europe to visit family.
How have you found the flight, they offer very good prices from Calgary to Gatwick, but again have seen negative reports, asked for upgrade to club which is a 99pp/per trip pound upgrade in UK, but wanted 350 pp/per trip in Canada. The result is the upgrade is more than the cost of the flight.

Last edited by handyandy; Jan 14th 2010 at 5:10 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

SesameBun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by handyandy
How have you found the flight, they offer very good prices from Calgary to Gatwick, but again have seen negative reports, asked for upgrade to club which is a 99pp/per trip pound upgrade in UK, but wanted 350 pp/per trip in Canada.
I went with Air Transat every time I flew from UK to CA or vice versa (which happened often in the beginning) and every flight was great. I had no problems at all. Out of curiosity, what were they saying in the negative reports?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:21 pm
Prince Albert SK

Originally Posted by SesameBun
I went with Air Transat every time I flew from UK to CA or vice versa (which happened often in the beginning) and every flight was great. I had no problems at all. Out of curiosity, what were they saying in the negative reports?
Was it a thomascook flight or air transat own plane that you have used, from Calgary use TC plane, reports of late flights, food not very good cabin staff un-friendly, and when upgraded or booked extra leg room you get bumped at the airport and get what your given.
Got reviews from http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm, and also on search on this web site, there was a thread about air transat.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Gail will become famous soon enoughGail will become famous soon enough

The last couple of times we flew back to the UK I discovered it was cheaper with Canadian Affair to book via the UK for the flights we wanted. Sometimes there is a large difference in price between the canadian and uk sites, other times it is about the same.

You have to phone them to book - you can't do it online as the site won't accept the outbound flight date after the inbound. I always pay on my UK credit card so it also saves on exchange rate differences and charges.

Last May we paid about half of what it would have been if we paid in dollars. When I went in October it cost me 260 pounds instead of $750.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:04 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I paid $3,345 for 2 adults, 1x 13yr old & 1x 6yr old.

Vancouver to LGW Return trip.

March 25th > April 7th

Air Transat.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Perhaps because you don't seem to understand airline fare structure.
smoke and mirrors. Do aviators also have derivatives?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:24 pm
Prince Albert SK

Originally Posted by Gail
The last couple of times we flew back to the UK I discovered it was cheaper with Canadian Affair to book via the UK for the flights we wanted. Sometimes there is a large difference in price between the canadian and uk sites, other times it is about the same.

You have to phone them to book - you can't do it online as the site won't accept the outbound flight date after the inbound. I always pay on my UK credit card so it also saves on exchange rate differences and charges.

Last May we paid about half of what it would have been if we paid in dollars. When I went in October it cost me 260 pounds instead of $750.
That,s my point on this whole thread you can get different prices for the same flights just by booking from the UK, that is mad. Going to give that a try booking in the UK. Thanks
Just phoned and almost the same price in dollars when convert as pounds so no gain, still cant believe that they want 1500 dollars to upgrade on a 1300 dollar trip, Keep on like that and globespan situation looks likely.

Last edited by handyandy; Jan 14th 2010 at 6:41 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

That,s my point on this whole thread you can get different prices for the same flights just by booking from the UK, that is mad. Going to give that a try booking in the UK. Thanks
oh boy. Aviators will now puzzle over this.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:51 pm
Prince Albert SK

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
oh boy. Aviators will now puzzle over this.
Please explain what you mean about Aviators
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:55 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Just phoned and almost the same price in dollars when convert as pounds so no gain, still cant believe that they want 1500 dollars to upgrade on a 1300 dollar trip, Keep on like that and globespan situation looks likely.

I have just gone to the UK site to check my prices against what I have paid on the Canadian site. I only check my return which I paid $100 + taxes ect. If I had bought the same seat on the UK it would have cost 159 pounds + taxes ect. So perhaps its just swings & round abouts = who know

Edit: Right I have far too much time on my hands! I have now repriced my trip as if I had booked it throught the UK site, instead of Canadian. I have used XE currency universal to convert pounds to dollars.

The results:
UK site would have cost me $832
Canadian site cost me $829

Off to do something really useful now, like watch paint dry or something.

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Jan 14th 2010 at 7:12 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:56 pm
Prince Albert SK

Phones UK to get the prices, which didn,t gain much, but lady said I should book the flight now than closer to the time try again to book upgrade as you can normally get it cheaper closer to the date, I give up one hand say you need to book early one hand say leave to the last moment, I give up.
Going to take the train to Toronto then New York Then the QE 2 to Southampton, cost might be about the same but least I have a bloody good time.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Please explain what you mean about Aviators
please see post #21
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:08 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
smoke and mirrors. Do aviators also have derivatives?
So thats another way of saying you don't have a clue then?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Phones UK to get the prices, which didn,t gain much, but lady said I should book the flight now than closer to the time try again to book upgrade as you can normally get it cheaper closer to the date, I give up one hand say you need to book early one hand say leave to the last moment, I give up.
Going to take the train to Toronto then New York Then the QE 2 to Southampton, cost might be about the same but least I have a bloody good time.
have a look here: http://www.gotravelflights.com/reser...=EN&country=CA I cant remember when you were flying but if its after june WPG to gatwick return seems reasonable

Before you get excited about the train to new york, have you sen the price

I looked at that from wpg last year, I thought they were quoting to buy the train. we(4 of us) ended up getting flights to NY and then QM2 to southampton for less than one ways to London

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.