Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Agency or on your own

Agency or on your own

Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all
Default Re: Agency or on your own

Originally Posted by badmojo
Hi
Just starting to apply for a visa, do you suggest using one of the many immigration agencies who charge £2000 or do it ourself.
If so who do you suggest?
thanks Sonya
We did it ourselves and found all the answers to our questions on the CIC website or from previous posts on this forum.
Good luck
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Hi
Just starting to apply for a visa, do you suggest using one of the many immigration agencies who charge £2000 or do it ourself.
thanks Sonya
We did it ourselves and it took approx 6 weeks (most of that was waiting for references from previous employers) It is straightforward and will save you money. If you need any other help PM me. We are still in the Uk but are PR of Canada and will be going back there in July.
Good luck
Wallace
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wallace
We did it ourselves and it took approx 6 weeks (most of that was waiting for references from previous employers) It is straightforward and will save you money. If you need any other help PM me. We are still in the Uk but are PR of Canada and will be going back there in July.
Good luck
Wallace
Yup .... as you say wallace, we mainly researched all the categories online (immigration websites) ... as well as a few phone calls to CIC to answer specific queries. Became a landed PR in 2004, so i guess we got it right!
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SivoxII
Yup .... as you say wallace, we mainly researched all the categories online (immigration websites) ... as well as a few phone calls to CIC to answer specific queries. Became a landed PR in 2004, so i guess we got it right!
Just out of interest what's it like in BC, we're coming over for a week at the end of may to do a bit of research. We hope to be in Vancouver by the fall on WP and then go for PNP.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

badmojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
This thread is interesting I was going to ask this question also.

We are currently arranged to meet a company called Willis & Brazolot a week on Friday in Scotland and was wondering if anyone had used this company? Or had and good/bad experiences with them it would be appreciated?

I don't know if I feel confident enough to do it all on my own and wanted to use the Canadian lawyers in case I missed anything important out of the application process, and for them to help us settle in Canada.

:scared:
Hi
I have been in contact with someone in Canada and they suggested these. I am waiting for a call from them.
The only thing that i am concerned about is the cost, and after listening to everyone else they don't do that much. Most of the info you can find yourself on the net.
I think there are plenty of people who help you settle in Canada for FREE. But the only thing i want to do right is the application form...
Do you have a job offer, or are you applying without?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:17 pm
It's a Barbie world

Indigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really niceIndigo is just really nice

Hi
thanks Sonya
We did it ourselves, it's a lot of paperwork and you have to double check everything but you don't need an agency. Everything you need is available online. I've heard agencies are a waste of money and completely unneccessary. Just remember, more information is better than not enough information. We included copies of everything and even a few wedding photos ha ha. The bundle of papers was two inches high, but it worked and we're settled in Canada now.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Keg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really nice
Smile Re: Agency or on your own

[QUOTE=or4ngecrush]This thread is interesting I was going to ask this question also.

We are currently arranged to meet a company called Willis & Brazolot a week on Friday in Scotland and was wondering if anyone had used this company? Or had and good/bad experiences with them it would be appreciated?

Hi,

We're using Willis Brazolot at the moment, and they've been helpful and informative . For us, its definately helped with our application as we'd probably have missed something out and they were able to deal with any missing paperwork or missing information quickly by email. We then sent whatever it was we'd missed onto them.

At the moment, what with the waiting time getting ever longer, I'm now trying to secure a permenant job so we can go over on a work visa while still waiting for our permenant one. W and B have been really helpful about this, and are guiding us through it all.

It does seem like alot of money at the time, and the immigration websites are useful and have all the info you need, but having someone to run queries by and keep asking questions to has helped us.

Hope this helps, any more questions, we'd be happy to help!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 7:48 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Griff
Just out of interest what's it like in BC, .....
I always wonder what people expect when they ask a question like this?

What's what like?
The weather? the scenery, the sea, the mountains? Vancouver, the traffic,? the schools, the people? the work ethic, the pay, the cost of living? ..... you get my drift? Did you realise that BC is about 6 times the area of the UK?

If you ask a more specific question, you might get a more useful response!
Old Apr 29th 2006, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I always wonder what people expect when they ask a question like this?

What's what like?
The weather? the scenery, the sea, the mountains? Vancouver, the traffic,? the schools, the people? the work ethic, the pay, the cost of living? ..... you get my drift? Did you realise that BC is about 6 times the area of the UK?

If you ask a more specific question, you might get a more useful response!
Your right of course, I should of been more specific. I should of directed the question to Sivox11, who may of given me a less sarcastic reply. It was easy to see from post, that I was referring to Vancouver. I was actually told by a Canadian that BC is in-fact 4 times bigger than the UK.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 6:18 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest what's it like in BC, we're coming over for a week at the end of may to do a bit of research. We hope to be in Vancouver by the fall on WP and then go for PNP.
If you use the forum's Search feature, you'll find heaps of previous threads about Vancouver.

People also speak highly of the Brits 2 Vancouver forum.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

rich1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We met up with someone from this company and would not recommend using them. The guy was very friendly at first but when he said it would cost £8000 for his services and we declined he got very rude and made us feel uncomfortable. he also siad we shouldn't have wasted his time. They are like double glazing salesman, trying to pressurize you into signing but we didn't. If you choose to use a immigration team, choose someone else.

Thanks

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
This thread is interesting I was going to ask this question also.

I don't know if I feel confident enough to do it all on my own and wanted to use the Canadian lawyers in case I missed anything important out of the application process, and for them to help us settle in Canada.

:scared:
Old Apr 30th 2006, 12:59 am
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all
Smile Re: Agency or on your own

if you have more money than sense then go to a immigrtion co but if you how to get on here then my mate i recommend you do it all your self its not hard , just keep coming back on here for infomation which does not cost you a penny.
your gonna need all the pounds you can get when u come over

keep your head up
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:12 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

... I was actually told by a Canadian that BC is in-fact 4 times bigger than the UK.
Hey you are quite right! .... BC is roughly 4 times the area of UK! I stand corrected!

More figures .... BC is about 7.5 times the size of England.
UK has a population of some 60.4 million compared to 3.8 million in BC.

I'm not known for being sarcastic, and apologise if it read that way. It's just some people, (not just you) ask questions which are so immense, that it gets frustrating sometimes! Most of us are only too happy to advise and offer our experiences if it helps in some way.

Keep the questions coming and I'll shut up now
Old Apr 30th 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Hey you are quite right! .... BC is roughly 4 times the area of UK! I stand corrected!

More figures .... BC is about 7.5 times the size of England.
UK has a population of some 60.4 million compared to 3.8 million in BC.

I'm not known for being sarcastic, and apologise if it read that way. It's just some people, (not just you) ask questions which are so immense, that it gets frustrating sometimes! Most of us are only too happy to advise and offer our experiences if it helps in some way.

Keep the questions coming and I'll shut up now
Thanks Morwenna, It would be great if we just get a kit of the shelf to answer all the queries we have. Point taken, I think the stress it starting to kick in.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:20 pm
little snowy owl

Point taken, I think the stress it starting to kick in.
Stress???!!!!! You ain't seen nuthin' yet!!!! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.