Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The age old question - are you too old?

The age old question - are you too old?

Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The age old question - are you too old?

Originally Posted by squarepants
Am not dude, I just thought it might be difficult mountain biking with a big belly. I won't know of course
Why don't you know? Oh, I get it, you don't own a mountain bike!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:35 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Am not dude, I just thought it might be difficult mountain biking with a big belly. I won't know of course
Thats what those small gears at the front and the big gears at the back are for. You've probably never used those! More weight to get up the hill = more of a work out.

Besides I'm not that much of a fat bugger, all I said was I had more insulation than when I came over, but then I was a really skinny young whippet.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:38 am
squarepants

To tongje.....When I said I wouldn't know, I was talking about having a waistline. Yes I do own a mountain bike, and love it.

Canadiain.....not much of a fat bugger eh? In otherwords.....

Originally Posted by iaink
Thats what those small gears at the front and the big gears at the back are for. You've probably never used those! More weight to get up the hill = more of a work out.

Besides I'm not that much of a fat bugger, all I said was I had more insulation than when I came over, but then I was a really skinny young whippet.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:44 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

To tongje.....When I said I wouldn't know, I was talking about having a waistline. Yes I do own a mountain bike, and love it.

Canadiain.....not much of a fat bugger eh? In otherwords.....
Mick, what is your problem? Look around you, have you seen the size of the average canadian! Lets just say I am comfortably below average in that respect! I am not going to spend what little free time I have in the gym working out, or denying myself a few of the finer things in life to acheive some sort of media driven image. Lifes too short for that bullshit.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:55 am
squarepants

The average canadian :scared: I know what you mean dude, but news like this, gets you worried, considering the numbers queuing outside Tim Hortons

http://www.healthtalk.ca/caffeine_st...52004_2992.php

This is my fix right here, even as we speak here, am having my glass of it

http://www.healthtalk.ca/blueberries...42004_2928.php

Originally Posted by iaink
Mick, what is your problem? Look around you, have you seen the size of the average canadian! Lets just say I am comfortably below average in that respect! I am not going to spend what little free time I have in the gym working out, or denying myself a few of the finer things in life to acheive some sort of media driven image. Lifes too short for that bullshit.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:04 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I'd had a few blueberries just before I read that.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:18 am
squarepants

Yeah right, pull the other one, it's got bells From ASDA I hope?

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I'd had a few blueberries just before I read that.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:54 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Yeah right, pull the other one, it's got bells From ASDA I hope?
I was! Just seconds before. And then I went and had a few more. They were from Sainsbury's, actually. Two little plastic boxes for £2. My children adore the things.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:00 am
squarepants

Traitor ! Sainsburys you say

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I was! Just seconds before. And then I went and had a few more. They were from Sainsbury's, actually. Two little plastic boxes for £2. My children adore the things.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:04 am
Once bemused

Traitor ! Sainsburys you say
But I bought them in Westminster, and there is no Asda there.