Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Aesthetics pertaining to property and built environment

Aesthetics pertaining to property and built environment

Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:17 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Aesthetics pertaining to property and built environment

Originally Posted by Oink
Don't worry there's lots of nice places that are affordable. My nan lives in a sweet little northern village in Bedfordshire and she says its very peaceful.
We just moved here from a gorgeous village in Hampshire

Yes, I know what you're thinking...you and many others.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:20 pm

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boink
Is that where they make the cakes?
Yep, and cuckoo clocks.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:50 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boink
Is that where they make the cakes?
Ham.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dotty P
Well, if I had to think of somewhere else for inner peace, Tuscany would be up there. I love Switzerland...Austria, the Black Forest area....but they all equal mucho money.
On that list I'd think Tuscany would be the cheapest: Austria is a bit vague, there are fairly cheap rural properties to be had, but I couldn't live there (although I speak German) because of the Austrians. Not nice people.

Myself (shock) I've plumped for France.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
On that list I'd think Tuscany would be the cheapest: Austria is a bit vague, there are fairly cheap rural properties to be had, but I couldn't live there (although I speak German) because of the Austrians. Not nice people.

Myself (shock) I've plumped for France.
Well I don't blame you....it's a great country (with delicious food). I have to say, sorry if this offends, but food gets (for me) the in Canada. I miss good quality, simple food such that would would find in a tatty rural restaurant in Italy/France, where you know that somebody's granny is cooking up simple recipes in a big pot on an ancient stove. It always seems to taste SO good <sigh>
Old Feb 13th 2013, 8:29 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

You can't eat pretty villages.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by JonboyE
You can't eat pretty villages.
Agreed, sorry to the OP for going off subject
Old Feb 13th 2013, 8:58 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Well I don't blame you....it's a great country (with delicious food). I have to say, sorry if this offends, but food gets (for me) the in Canada. I miss good quality, simple food such that would would find in a tatty rural restaurant in Italy/France, where you know that somebody's granny is cooking up simple recipes in a big pot on an ancient stove. It always seems to taste SO good <sigh>
But my kids have loved eating the food here, its was too complicated back home and they always felt rushed. Like most things, it seems to be more simple here and they're getting ahead.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:02 pm

But my kids have loved eating the food here, its was too complicated back home and they always felt rushed. Like most things, it seems to be more simple here and they're getting ahead.
Really?! I never know whether you're kidding Oink
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:11 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Really?! I never know whether you're kidding Oink
I'm kidding, they absolutely hated the food here.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:20 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Love the exterior of the log house, and that amount of land for that money is a bargain.

Interior leaves a lot to be desired if I'm honest
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:22 pm

Now call me bonkers.....but why 'hated'? Did they grow to like it or have you moved away?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

ladylord is an unknown quantity at this point

Really? Expensive here seems to be in the style of gaudy excess that would embarrass most premier football players.
You mean this ..

http://www.ecorealtyinc.ca/listing?id=260033663
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:26 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Now call me bonkers.....but why 'hated'? Did they grow to like it or have you moved away?

Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:27 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by ladylord
Holy hell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.