Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice on Winnipeg

Advice on Winnipeg

Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Winnipeg

its still amaizingly warm and sunny,,but the whire fluffy stuff is forcast for the end of the week just hope when we move on Nov.15 the weather is dry and sunny
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

cold wet and very windy with snow tonite,,,,,untill next may
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

The white fluffy stuff landed
Attached Thumbnails Advice on Winnipeg-winter-peg-001.jpg  
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:37 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

The roads were very slippery today, it will be a lot less slippy when it gets colder. I like it when it settles in at -20c and Sunny - Bring it On.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
The roads were very slippery today, it will be a lot less slippy when it gets colder. I like it when it settles in at -20c and Sunny - Bring it On.
i prefer +25 and sunny lazing by the lake- bring it on
Old Dec 24th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about

Hello people,

Like to wish you all a Merry Xmas!

We haven't submitted our papers yet because we're waiting on one document that is taking forever to get!

The house is up for sale but won't be easy to shift, stand to lose about £50k on the house and cars.

I was made redundant 2weeks ago so am now looking for work. I had been with my employers for 6.5yrs so I did receive a small redundancy payout. Unfortunately, given the way economy is, finding another job is not going to be a walk in the park.

...anyway, enjoy the festivities, and for the folks in Winni, be careful on the roads, I've heard it's quite cold and snowy!

...no white Xmas for us in the UK...again! ah well, may be next year!

p.s. have you guys managed to arrange another meet up yet?
Old Dec 24th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dis-Illusionist
Hello people,

Like to wish you all a Merry Xmas!

We haven't submitted our papers yet because we're waiting on one document that is taking forever to get!

The house is up for sale but won't be easy to shift, stand to lose about £50k on the house and cars.

I was made redundant 2weeks ago so am now looking for work. I had been with my employers for 6.5yrs so I did receive a small redundancy payout. Unfortunately, given the way economy is, finding another job is not going to be a walk in the park.

...anyway, enjoy the festivities, and for the folks in Winni, be careful on the roads, I've heard it's quite cold and snowy!

...no white Xmas for us in the UK...again! ah well, may be next year!

p.s. have you guys managed to arrange another meet up yet?
Sorry to here of your plight its minus 30ish today,,so mild really
Old Dec 24th 2008, 8:18 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of the problems.

Its been cold here, but no too much snow, and its sunny.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Zmijka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Portage La Prairie

I don't really think that it is too far to commute. I do it every day and know lotsa people who do, too. It's only a 40min drive.
The town is lovely and perfect for people who like little towns or have enough of big ones. The people are extremely friendly there.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

unigirl1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved here July 08. We love it, its so relaxed and pleasant (no longer in the rat race of the UK). I would recomend Winnipeg to anyone who has a family especially. Dont listen to the negativity about the peg, everything you need is in a 45 min radius!!!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Zmijka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unigirl1982
We moved here July 08. We love it, its so relaxed and pleasant (no longer in the rat race of the UK). I would recomend Winnipeg to anyone who has a family especially. Dont listen to the negativity about the peg, everything you need is in a 45 min radius!!!
I totally agree with you