Advice for my son working in Alberta

Wikiposts

Advice for my son working in Alberta

Old Mar 25th 2012, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Antony17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice for my son working in Alberta

Hi Mandy,

Is there away of getting in touch with the former border officer?
I have a couple of questions that he may be able to answer to put my mind at easy but I fly out.

I have a minor assault charge on my record from 11 years ago, will that hinder me at the border or should I still be fine?

Thanks for your help

Antony
Old Mar 25th 2012, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Former Lancastrian is usually on the boards and is very prompt to reply to questions.

I PM'd him loads before coming over again it never takes him long to reply. Saying that I PM'd him a couple of days ago and no reply yet. Maybe he is on holiday or something (How very dare he!)

He'll come along soon and answer I am sure.

You can send him a personal message if you want (guess you know that already??)
Old Mar 25th 2012, 5:53 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case Former Lancastrian has his hand inexplicably stuck up someones bum in the line of duty - have a read through some of these

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=2861065

You could also post the question in the immigration forum outling details of your offence / conviction / outcome. There are a few very good and very helpful "people in the know" who could guide you the right way.

It's probably a good job you brought this up now so as not to cause yourself issues in the future. Any convictions HAVE to be declared, because if in the future you decide to apply for PR, they will want to see your criminal record check, and if you don't disclose it now, you'll get turned down in the future for witholding information.

My gut instinct is that, if its a very minor offence, and the sentence was completed 10 or more years ago - you sould be deemed rehabilitated. However I AM NOT AN EXPERT and there are lots of things that are take into consideration when deciding if an offence / what type of offence is deemed rehabilitated after 10 years.

Read through the threads and then post your question
Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No I havent had my hand stuck up any orifices I was relaxing in Cuba and trying to see how much rum I could drink in a week. I believe his questions have now been answered.