Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice on landiong process please!!

Advice on landiong process please!!

Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Advice on landiong process please!!

Hi All,

Sorry if this something you have all read and answered before, but i'm feeling quite panic-y at present, short of full on rant, i'm having real difficulty getting enough holiday from work to get me all the way over to BC, and was looking into going to NS last minute, but as i am common law sponsored, how would the immigration people look at the fact i am arriving alone, whilst my canadian partner is still in UK, even if i had a return ticket in my possession?
Has anyone done this before?

Sorry to go on a bit, it's just i'm getting extremely frustrated about my boss messing me around about getting time off, and am very aware that my visa is valid until mid april.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on landiong process please!!

You can land anywhere in Canada, not just BC - so a quick flight into Toronto would suffice.

Providing your Canadian partner is a Canadian Citizen, landing without your sponsor won't be a problem - you just tell them you are returning to the UK to finalise your move to Canada and that your partner was unable to come too.

I believe that if your partner only has PR then they will need to be in Canada when you land. Sponsors with Permanant Residence who are sponsoring from outside Canada must show that they are intending to return to live when the sponsored person gets their PR. As you will have got PR I believe they would need to be here.. but I am sure someone else will be able to either deny or confirm this.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 1st 2010 at 8:03 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Re: Advice on landiong process please!!

Thank you, that puts my mind at rest, he is a citizen. I'd rather not go on my own, but needs must!