Reload this Page >

Adobe Form Filling

Adobe Form Filling

Old May 8th 2009, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Novascot39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adobe Form Filling

Hello All
I'm hoping someone out there has already gone through this loop as part of the form filling process for Permanent Residence.
I down loaded the Electronic / On line fillable forms required by the CHC in London in Adobe Reader 9 ( ie. IMM 0008 App. for Permanent Residence
Schedule 1 Background Declaration & Add. Family Information.)

However, when typing the info into the Form Fields the resulting text size was far too small and I have had no success in locating a text formatting tool as you would typically use in Microsoft Word.

I'm not at all familiar with Adobe Reader ( Ver. 9 ) and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

If not I'll have to resort to using the old quill pen!

Thanks in anticipation
Old May 9th 2009, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adobe Form Filling

have you tried printing the form?

Sometimes the text size can look small on screen but is fine printed.

If that doesn't help, yes, use a pen. CIC does not require you to use a computer to fill in those forms, and it doesn't go any faster either. Plus one can't store those filled pdf files anyway.

Good luck with the forms.
Old May 10th 2009, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Novascot39 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ikatita
have you tried printing the form?

Sometimes the text size can look small on screen but is fine printed.

If that doesn't help, yes, use a pen. CIC does not require you to use a computer to fill in those forms, and it doesn't go any faster either. Plus one can't store those filled pdf files anyway.

Good luck with the forms.
Thanks for that Ikatita

I have tried printing out but no improvement so I will now resort to the tried and trusted pen, thanks again
Old May 10th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

When you encounter this problem try holding down "Ctrl" and scrolling your mousewheel. That might fix it. If not, you can always print the forms and fill them by hand. Doesn't really make a difference as long as it's easy to read
Old May 10th 2009, 9:36 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novascot39

I'm not at all familiar with Adobe Reader ( Ver. 9 ) and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
I'm using Adobe Reader 8.1.4 and it seems to work just fine.

Downloaded from this link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf