Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Adding new baby to application

Adding new baby to application

Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:51 am
Just Joined

vijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nice
Default Adding new baby to application

Hello

Myself, & my wifehave gone through the process and all have our PR cards. We have since returned to the UK and we are expecting a baby here in the UK. We want to go back to Canada at the end of the year and I need to add the new baby to our application. Does anyone know how I go about it?

your reply will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

vijay.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:02 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adding new baby to application

Originally Posted by vijay31077
Hello

Myself, & my wifehave gone through the process and all have our PR cards. We have since returned to the UK and we are expecting a baby here in the UK. We want to go back to Canada at the end of the year and I need to add the new baby to our application. Does anyone know how I go about it?

your reply will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

vijay.
It's probably easier to have the new baby in Canada.

That said, you'll need to contact the CIC in London to ask for the relevant forms. Once the baby is born you'll need to get a passport asap and then fill out the forms.

We added our child before receiving the medical requests, so it was slightly easier, but didn't really take much time: maybe 3 weeks for the CSQ from Québec and 3 weeks for the (prerequested) forms from CIC to be processed.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:11 am
Just Joined

vijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nicevijay31077 is just really nice

I am planning to continue my life in england for another two years before eventually leaving to canada for good. please any one can guide me which forms i need to fill and what documents i need to include new born baby in our application. many thanks for your reply.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian PRs living outside Canada cannot sponsor under the family class. At least one parent must be living/working in Canada.

And unless one of you is a British citizen or permanent resident, child won't be a British citizen either.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vijay31077
I am planning to continue my life in england for another two years before eventually leaving to canada for good.
However in post #1 you said "at the end of the year".

please any one can guide me which forms i need to fill and what documents i need to include new born baby in our application. many thanks for your reply.
http://www.cic.gc.ca
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

thx.for your reply. so after two years if i go there and put the sponcership application for my child then he will also get PR status???
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

sorry, i m bit confused. if i stay in uk for two years and then go to canada, as i have got my PR card along with my wife. How i can bring my children in canada??.

do i go to canada live/work there and sponcer the child ?? or i can make the application in London get the visa and complete the formalities of landing ???

many thanks for your comments...in advance
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

PRs can't sponsor from abroad, can they? Only citizens can. So you'd need to go to Canada and start the sponsorship process from there. If you wanted your child to go with you to Canada, they'd need a visa waiver passport (such as UK) or the relevant visa to enter Canada. I think I've read Andrew Miller often say that if they need a visa to enter Canada, their chances of getting one are slim to none but you'd need to check that yourself.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Have the kid in canada if possible. It saves a lot of hassle.

Congratulations too, and good luck with the pregnancy!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:45 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - good luck with the baby!!