Accomodation

Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

desperate36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accomodation

Hello,

We just moved in from Aberdeen on the 9th of September and have been finding it difficult getting accommodation.

We are looking for condos in the North york, Vaughan, Thornhill and Richmond area but all our offers have been rejected. It is really frustrating now. We even offered to pay a landlord 1yr rent but she said she would rather sell to us. ( We plan to buy our own place in a year's time).

One landlord refused us because we have 2 kids (8 and 4yrs old)

What I would like to know is that is there something we are missing? And is it typical of these areas?

I don't want a house or townhouse as my husband works in Doha and I am not ready to deal with snow in my first year.

Also, should we look at moving to Oakville? We are quite flexible to move within the GTA.

Thanks for some good advice.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accomodation

Originally Posted by desperate36
Hello,

We just moved in from Aberdeen on the 9th of September and have been finding it difficult getting accommodation.

We are looking for condos in the North york, Vaughan, Thornhill and Richmond area but all our offers have been rejected. It is really frustrating now. We even offered to pay a landlord 1yr rent but she said she would rather sell to us. ( We plan to buy our own place in a year's time).

What I would like to know is that is there something we are missing? And is it typical of these areas?

I don't want a house or townhouse as my husband works in Doha and I am not ready to deal with snow in my first year.

Also, should we look at moving to Oakville? We are quite flexible to move within the GTA.

I'm surprised that you've found it difficult. I know the area fairly well (see location). What exactly are you looking for? i.e. How many rooms, what price/rent etc.

If you work yourself up to 3 posts then we can chat using PM.

Novo.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by desperate36
Hello,

Maybe try a rental agency such as:

http://www.speedyrentalagency.com/index.php
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

desperate36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick replies.

We are looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom condo.

Rent up to $2500/month.