Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

About the bacon . . .

About the bacon . . .

Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:11 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: About the bacon . . .

It seems to me that willmore has a bit of a thing about Mr Cohen. She tries to hide it, but one just can't disguise feelings that are so strong.

Originally Posted by iaink
It wasnt me!
Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:17 pm
the-smiths

Especially when he writes lyrics like these:

I'm Your Man
If you want a lover
I'll do anything you ask me to
And if you want another kind of love
I'll wear a mask for you
If you want a partner
Take my hand
Or if you want to strike me down in anger
Here I stand
I'm your man
If you want a boxer
I will step into the ring for you
And if you want a doctor
I'll examine every inch of you
If you want a driver
Climb inside
Or if you want to take me for a ride
You know you can
I'm your man

Ah, the moon's too bright
The chain's too tight
The beast won't go to sleep
I've been running through these promises to you
That I made and I could not keep
Ah but a man never got a woman back
Not by begging on his knees
Or I'd crawl to you baby
And I'd fall at your feet
And I'd howl at your beauty
Like a dog in heat
And I'd claw at your heart
And I'd tear at your sheet
I'd say please, please
I'm your man

And if you've got to sleep
A moment on the road
I will steer for you
And if you want to work the street alone
I'll disappear for you
If you want a father for your child
Or only want to walk with me a while
Across the sand
I'm your man

If you want a lover
I'll do anything you ask me to
And if you want another kind of love
I'll wear a mask for you

Originally Posted by Rhodes
It seems to me that willmore has a bit of a thing about Mr Cohen. She tries to hide it, but one just can't disguise feelings that are so strong.

Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

This morning was St Nicholas day, so last night we all put carrots in our shoes (for his horse) and this morning they has turned into presents!
What? You're "celebrating" St Nicholas Day? I thought that was something typically dutch/flemish.
Where does that tradition come from then?
Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:24 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
What? You're "celebrating" St Nicholas Day? I thought that was something typically dutch/flemish.
Where does that tradition come from then?
My wife is second gen dutch. (her parents came to Canada from Holland after WWII)

He said, quickly trying to move on from the nasty turn towards Leonard Cohen that this thread has taken....

Last edited by iaink; Dec 6th 2004 at 5:27 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:27 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Does that means that she would understand my signature...?
Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Does that means that she would understand my signature...?
Nope. Well, maybe, she isnt a "fluent" dutch speaker, but she has an occasional dutch penfriend, so does understand some dutch. Bizzarly she did spend a year in Bruge studying belgian or flemish or something, but she probably remembers more Japanese than anything. What can I say, shes much better at languages than me, I'm barely comprehensible in English at the best of times!

Anyway, I'll ask her. Do you want it graded once a teacher, always a teacher
Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want it graded
Don't bother, I already did. And improved it to the dutch language of the late 90's.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

True, but I'm a lady and the nuns taught me never to use bad language......
Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't bother, I already did. And improved it to the dutch language of the late 90's.
Listen you, don't teach him anymore swear words, I'm already disillusioned about this "true gentleman".....
Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by willmore
True, but I'm a lady and the nuns taught me never to use bad language......
You'd better stay out of the Docile Trollop then.....
Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Listen you, don't teach him anymore swear words, I'm already disillusioned about this "true gentleman".....
A true gentleman doens't visit a forum like this. He goes to his private club......

Sorry to take your illusions away.....
Old Dec 6th 2004, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A true gentleman doens't visit a forum like this. He goes to his private club......

Sorry to take your illusions away.....
I thought this was his private club....but he is still a true gentleman (albeit, a bit to serious for me these days)....
Old Dec 6th 2004, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You'd better stay out of the Docile Trollop then.....
The nuns just taught me not to swear, nothing about not visiting places that do use foul language.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 8:21 pm
Once bemused

You only suggested the change from 'saai' to 'kut', I believe. I would suggest that 'saai' is a perfectly proper up-to-date word. Just not rude, like 'kut'.

Old Dec 6th 2004, 8:21 pm
Once bemused

Toontje made me say it, willmore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.