Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

6 month visa waiver?? can I re-enter PLEASE HELP!!

6 month visa waiver?? can I re-enter PLEASE HELP!!

Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

jinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nicejinn is just really nice
Default 6 month visa waiver?? can I re-enter PLEASE HELP!!

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with my query.....

I am planning a visit to Canada in December (yep I know it's going to be cold! )

As I hold a british passport I know I can visit Canada for 6 months on the VWP, The only question I have is that if I was to return to the UK in April before my 6 months expire, and then go back to Canada in May (all still within my 6 month visa period)

On my return to Canada will I get granted another 6 months from May or as the 1st 6months visa is still valid that still remains active...

I hope this makes some sense and that you all will help me get the correct Answer...

Looking forward to your response...

Jinn
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 month visa waiver?? can I re-enter PLEASE HELP!!

Hi,

Is there a reason why you have to go back to Canada for another holiday so soon after the first one?

I would think your main concern would be convincing immigration officials that you are genuinely just a visitor after such a recent extensive holiday there. Imagine you were an immigration officer and somebody turned up wanting to re-enter Canada so soon after leaving after a 5 month holiday! It's almost guaranteed to make them suspicious that you are trying to live there rather than just visit.

Make sure you have a return ticket, lots of proof of ties to the UK (i.e. job, mortgage etc) and that you're not turning up with anything more than just normal holiday luggage.

Good luck.

P.S. VWP is for the US, not Canada!
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:35 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 month visa waiver?? can I re-enter PLEASE HELP!!

The short answer is "probably", but its entirely at the discression of the immigration officer at the point of entry.

If they suspect you are trying to get around immigration restrictions, or just dont like the look of you they are entirely within their legal rights to deny you entry, or to limit the time they allow you...