Reload this Page >

1st declaration of shipped goods

1st declaration of shipped goods

Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:31 am
Just Joined

drow777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1st declaration of shipped goods

Hi

I'm planning on coming over to BC from the UK on a visitors visa and marrying my lovely lady a few weeks later.

I've read all the helpful threads about the problems and risks that go along with this but I got fed up with the long, long wait.

My question is at what point should I declare any goods being shipped ?

At the first point of entry or later in the process?

If I show a shipping receipt on first arrivial are they likely to refuse me entry thinking that I'm not going back to the uk (I am and have a return ticket for 6months time)

Any thoughts or links thanks
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:47 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1st declaration of shipped goods

You only show goods to follow/goods accompanying lists when you take up residency and not when you arrive as a visitor.

It is my understanding if you do obtain PR via spousal route in the future, you would then flagpole and declare goods to follow at that point.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JB0591
You only show goods to follow/goods accompanying lists when you take up residency and not when you arrive as a visitor.

It is my understanding if you do obtain PR via spousal route in the future, you would then flagpole and declare goods to follow at that point.
These days, you don't have to "flagpole"....you can technically "land" without leaving the country. This will be explained to you when you receive the paperwork confirming that you have been granted PR status.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:38 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
These days, you don't have to "flagpole"....you can technically "land" without leaving the country. This will be explained to you when you receive the paperwork confirming that you have been granted PR status.
Point noted (i did think that was only for certain classes such as PNP).

Anyway the point I was trying to make is that when the OP converts from Visitor Status to Resident that will be the point at which GTF is declared.