Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

1 step closer :)

1 step closer :)

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 step closer :)

I'm so excited!! Just had an email that my OH will be flying out to Calgary on September 2nd to start work as a truck driver

My kids & I are not going to be joining him until approx April next year but I'm still excited as I feel we are that little bit closer to our dream

Only downside is that we will only have been married for 9 days when he leaves as we are getting wed on August 24th...some may say that is long enough to be my husband!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:00 am
Just Joined

janet1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1 step closer :)

Originally Posted by farjojo71
I'm so excited!! Just had an email that my OH will be flying out to Calgary on September 2nd to start work as a truck driver

My kids & I are not going to be joining him until approx April next year but I'm still excited as I feel we are that little bit closer to our dream

Only downside is that we will only have been married for 9 days when he leaves as we are getting wed on August 24th...some may say that is long enough to be my husband!
wishing you & the family every success in coming to Canada, hopefully the time will go really quickly & then you will be out here as well, good luck & best wishes xx
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:04 am
Just Joined

lymee is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats and welcome to Canada..where is he going to be based?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

hi joanne,i know ive said congrats over the phone,but ill say it again.
will you txt me when the best time to ring you.maybe we can have a meet up with you and faron before i go.my other halfs idea.haha
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations both on the job and the upcoming wedding!

We're just down the road in Okotoks if your chap needs any support.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7
hi joanne,i know ive said congrats over the phone,but ill say it again.
will you txt me when the best time to ring you.maybe we can have a meet up with you and faron before i go.my other halfs idea.haha
Hi Andy....call whenever you like, I'm a lady of leisure

Be great to meet up with you guys before you and OH heads off into the distance...no idea how the hell we are gonna fit that in though....give me a call and we can try and work something out.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the well wishes guys
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:23 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: 1 step closer :)

Fantastic news! Congratulations for your wedding and hope all goes well with the job! Best wishes for your future life in Canada x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:25 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the prequel to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Is that the prequel to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ
Ohhhh that took me back to my youth...I was VERY young when this came out though
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:57 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done my dear and also to your OH.......
wont be long before you are packing up and heading over as well

I think we need to put a gate on our lovely city soon, so many heading here
but ill lock it after you arrive, cant wait until we get to meet
good luck for the wedding and your OH has our details

LB
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
Well done my dear and also to your OH.......
wont be long before you are packing up and heading over as well

I think we need to put a gate on our lovely city soon, so many heading here
but ill lock it after you arrive, cant wait until we get to meet
good luck for the wedding and your OH has our details

LB
Don't go locking it til I get my butt over....your eldest would let me in anyway because I'm her new chat buddy on FB!!

It won't be long til I am sending endless emails to you about rentals etc...aren't you lucky?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:30 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't go locking it til I get my butt over....your eldest would let me in anyway because I'm her new chat buddy on FB!!

It won't be long til I am sending endless emails to you about rentals etc...aren't you lucky?
Hey i have just given you a good rental for your OH if he needs a man pad whilst you arent there
yeah i have her password, dont worry
Right you said i can have chocolate, off to find my hiding hole