Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

^Free phone number announcement up at the top of the page^

^Free phone number announcement up at the top of the page^

Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default ^Free phone number announcement up at the top of the page^

What's the catch? How does it work? Who 'really' pays for the long distance calls?

I'm tempted, but can't help being a bit of a skeptic.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:35 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ^Free phone number announcement up at the top of the page^

What? I have no idea what you are referring to.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 5:56 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Calgal
What's the catch? How does it work? Who 'really' pays for the long distance calls?
Yeah, I'm wondering myself. Anyone?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
What? I have no idea what you are referring to.
The Canada Lifestyle page - the one where you would have clicked on the link to this thread. Right at the top above all the 'Topics', it says:

"Announcement: Your Very Own UK Telephone Number!"
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:41 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

^^^ I'm not seeing any such ad.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

It's not an ad, it's an announcement by Sue - the Administrator

(Should we have a whip round to get you some specs? )

Last edited by Calgal; Jun 21st 2006 at 6:47 am.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:45 am

Aren't you the retired optometrist?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
LOL HWP
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:48 am

Doctor heal thyself!

Adding...
To be fair, it does look like OceanMDX is in BC.
Probably being affected by all fumes.

Last edited by hot wasabi peas; Jun 21st 2006 at 6:52 am.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:52 am
mañana is my busiest day

Looks like I took you a little too literally - you did say "right at the top" - LOL.

Okay, now I see what you mean. I would assume this is a deal involving VOIP, "Voice Over Internet Protocol". Essentially this uses the Internet to make a telephone call. "Skype" is an outfit that uses this technology, and Vonage is another. Skype allows you to make outgoing calls for free at this time. Check them out.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:54 am
mañana is my busiest day

Doctor heal thyself!

Adding...
To be fair, it does look like OceanMDX is in BC.
Probably being affected by all fumes.
I wish I were so lucky.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:56 am
mañana is my busiest day

I don't believe in eyeglasses, so I did the honourable thing and retired.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jun 21st 2006 at 7:06 am.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:03 am
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I took you a little too literally - you did say "right at the top" - LOL.

Okay, now I see what you mean. I would assume this is a deal involving VOIP, "Voice Over Internet Protocol". Essentially this uses the Internet to make a telephone call. "Skype" is an outfit that uses this technology, and Vonage is another. Skype allows you to make outgoing calls for free at this time. Check them out.

Yeah definately think Skype is better idea, at least you definately know it's free. I know alot of people that use this all the time, and you can use your web cam as same time.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:17 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
Yeah definately think Skype is better idea, at least you definately know it's free. I know alot of people that use this all the time, and you can use your web cam as same time.
Skype relies on each party having decent broadband connection (and half decent pc) though
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:16 pm
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Calgal

I'm tempted, but can't help being a bit of a skeptic.

No catch.....but friends will be calling on a 08...number.

free for you to receive on your home phone

freinds dial a 08.. number which is not too expensive.....you should check out what freinds will be charged as i'm guessing it would still be at least 3-4pence per minute.....in which case telediscount or other providers would be cheaper for them to use to call you.

Or if you ALL have broadband then as someone already suggested...skype, msn etc would be free.

HTH
Mans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.