Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

*Sorry, wrong forum, please ignore *

*Sorry, wrong forum, please ignore *

Old Sep 17th 2005, 12:12 am
Just Joined

moonhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default *Sorry, wrong forum, please ignore *

My partner had to leave Canada last week and go back to the UK after being here for a year on a Working Holiday Visa. He did not get HRSDC approval, and we were too late to apply for a Common Law visa (we couldn't afford for him not to work for 6 months while the visa was being processed). We had planned to apply for a UK Unmarried Partners Visa in order for me to live in the UK in April, upon my completion of graduate school.
However, now my partner misses Canada and wants to come back in April. We have lived together for 3 years up until the this point, and I am spending a month and a half in the UK over Christmas with him.
My question is, can we still apply for a Canadian Common law visa even though we will not be living together from September 10 - Nov 30, and then from Jan 11 - April 1?
Or is there a time frame of being apart where your Common Law relationship becomes void?

Many thanks

Last edited by moonhead; Sep 17th 2005 at 12:15 am.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 12:47 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *Sorry, wrong forum, please ignore *

you know there is nothing more irresistable than an instruction to ingnore something ..... as at least 56 other viewers will testify!!!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 12:48 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Re: *Sorry, wrong forum, please ignore *

Originally Posted by Morwenna
you know there is nothing more irresistable than an instruction to ingnore something ..... as at least 56 other viewers will testify!!!
I have noooo idea what you're talking about, Morwenna!