Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Zwolle, is there anyone out there?

Zwolle, is there anyone out there?

Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

sarahadcock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Zwolle, is there anyone out there?

Hello there,
I'm trying to find a job in Zwolle teaching English, I have two years experience and a TESOL and soon to have a CELTA. I don't know whether I'm just stupid or whether it is really difficult to find jobs online in The Netherlands. I'm currently in the UK and moving to Zwolle with my boyfriend at the end of May. If anyone could point me in the right direction for a decent contact with a Language/Int school in Zwolle that would be brilliant.
Thanks and stay warm
sarah
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

paul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nice
Default Re: Zwolle, is there anyone out there?

Hi Sarah,

I moved into Zwolle last December - it's a really nice place to be in! There are a couple of language schools I can think of: Deltion College, and Lelystad (I'll have to check the later...). I've been trying to subscribe with Deltion to learn Dutch. The lady I've been sending my forms off to may be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction:

Evelyn Plagman
Teamleider Educatie
ROC Deltion College

tel. 038 8503990

I'm sure a google search will throw up a postal address (which I don't have at hand). I don't know if I'm allowed to post Evelyn's email address here, but send me a pm if you're interested.

By the way, we found it really hard to find a place to live, so I'd humbly suggest trying to find somewhere as soon as possible. Thankfully my wife found us somewhere, but it did take several months!

Hope this helps, and good luck

Paul

(edited to add that Evelyn doesn't work on Wednesdays)

Last edited by paul_bromsgrove; Feb 3rd 2009 at 7:13 am. Reason: forgot to include vital info.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

sarahadcock is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou Paul.

It seems that as I am not a frequent poster i cannot send private messages, however, if you could pass on that email address to me that would be extrememly helpful.
My boyfriend has just bought a house so accomodation is no problem. But, thanks for the tip anyway, it's always nice to know where you're headed.
I shall google the schools and see what that throws up.

Cheers again, see you in Zwolle
Take care
Sarah
Old Feb 5th 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

paul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nicepaul_bromsgrove is just really nice

Hi Sarah,

Private message sent!

Paul
Old May 28th 2009, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

MaeveInnes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah and Paul,

My name is Maeve, I am 26 and origionally from Watford. I have lived in Zwolle for a year now. When you come over, we should meet up for a drink. The life culture is a bit different here and it would be really nice to have a good old British knees up now and then. I thought I was actually the only English person who lived here to be honest Paul! My email is [email protected].
Maeve
Old May 29th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi Maeve,

I moved out of Zwolle just 2 weeks ago as my wife is pregnant and we wanted to move into a bigger house! (so if anyone's interested there's an apartment available to rent immediately in the city centre

Mind you, we're not so far away now (in Raalte) so meeting up will still be great, though I'll have to call a rain check as we're going flat out trying to unpack and get settled in!

How's your Dutch? I told the chap in the market I wanted 5 oranges, he asked if I wanted 12 instead as they were on offer, when I said OK he gave me 6! I think my Dutch needs to improve...but I do really miss the English way of things sometimes!

Paul
Old May 29th 2009, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Hey Paul,

My Dutch is still quite hilarious! Everytime I do say something, I get everyone going 'aaaah, doesnt she sound like Princess Maxima' which is very embarrassing. I go to a Dutch class once a week though and so its slowly but surely improving.
Congratulations on your wife being pregnant. Is she Dutch? I moved here to live with my Dutch boyfriend who I met in Bolivia when I was travelling.
Anyway, good luck with the unpacking and just email me when you're free to meet for a beverage or 2.
Maeve
Old May 31st 2009, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

MsYvonne is just really niceMsYvonne is just really niceMsYvonne is just really niceMsYvonne is just really niceMsYvonne is just really niceMsYvonne is just really niceMsYvonne is just really niceMsYvonne is just really niceMsYvonne is just really nice

Hi, check out www.eerde.nl. This school is an international (boarding)school about 23 km from Zwolle. It's a lovely place! Good luck.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

brianc_li is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MsYvonne
Hi, check out www.eerde.nl. This school is an international (boarding)school about 23 km from Zwolle. It's a lovely place! Good luck.
Greetings.

I´m originally from Belfast via London and have now lived in Zwolle for almost ten years. Its a lovely town. I trust you are enjoying it.

If there is anything you think I can help with please feel free to PM me.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Jemmajo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

wow cant believe so many brits live in zwolle, i seriously thought i
was the only one.

I was just wondering, i have been here just over a year now and have to move
out of my apartment for the second time..lol, but i am finding
it hard to find real estate agent or rental company that doesnt charge
a months or 2 for their services.

My previous apartments i guess i have been lucky and been in the right
place at the right time but i am really struggling so if anyone has any
suggestions that would be brill.

many thanks

jemmajo
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:59 am
Just Joined

If you guys fancy going for a drink sometime, we could organise it on here. I live in Zwolle but work in Utrecht and although know a few people there now, it's always a hassle to get there for social reasons. Would be nice to know some people in Zwolle to go for a coffee/beer with.

Let me know.

Maeve
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

hi MaeveInnes,

yeah we would love to meet up for a beer in zwolle, my boyfriend Anthony and I both live and work in Zwolle so are free most nights or maybe saturday afternoon or sunday afternoon? id be really interested to speak with you
about your dutch lessons, im trying to find dutch lessons at the moment but with no luck.

hope to hear from you soon

jemma-jo & Tony
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jemmajo
hi MaeveInnes,

yeah we would love to meet up for a beer in zwolle, my boyfriend Anthony and I both live and work in Zwolle so are free most nights or maybe saturday afternoon or sunday afternoon? id be really interested to speak with you
about your dutch lessons, im trying to find dutch lessons at the moment but with no luck.

hope to hear from you soon

jemma-jo & Tony
Hey Jemma jo,
I can do Thur 8th. How about you? I'm not sure how to send you a private message to send you my phone no.
Maeve
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Hey, I meant Thursday 10th. Do you guys know the bar Binnen?

Maeve
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Hi Maeve,

Sorry for the late reply, unfortunatley we are in Romania that week but
any night the week after would be ok.

Jemma-Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.