Where to buy an iron?!

Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

mishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nice
Default Where to buy an iron?!

My partner has just moved over to Den Haag and whilst chatting to him on the phone tonight, he wondered where he could get an iron, as well as a laptop and a kettle! He's only been there a day and hasn't really looked round yet, but the equivalent of Argos or Dixons would do. Any thoughts people? Anyone got any shops they could recommend for electrical appliances?

Ta
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:34 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to buy an iron?!

For the laptop (and related) stuff, the store is It's :

http://www.itsonline.nl/winkel/produ...Assortiment=13

Looks like they have the iron ("strijker") as well:

http://www.itsonline.nl/winkel/produ...ssortiment=372

and the electric kettle (I'm assuming your friend wants an electric)
("waterkoker")

http://www.itsonline.nl/winkel/produ...ssortiment=152

There's a few in the Den Haag area:

http://www.itsonline.nl/winkels/Default.aspx?id=40644

PS: I did cheat and asked my Dutch husband, but I also looked up Sony authorised dealers in the Netherlands. It's is Sony authorised.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Mehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really nice

Micro Electro ?
www.micro.nl
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:01 am
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mishimoto
My partner has just moved over to Den Haag and whilst chatting to him on the phone tonight, he wondered where he could get an iron, as well as a laptop and a kettle! He's only been there a day and hasn't really looked round yet, but the equivalent of Argos or Dixons would do. Any thoughts people? Anyone got any shops they could recommend for electrical appliances?

Ta
V&D. Dixon's or PC Shop for the laptop is also a good alternative, V&D (Also have a good electronics department) or C&A for household stuff.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

mishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nice

Thanks everyone. He stumbled across a Blokker yesterday so managed to purchase an iron and a kettle. the other links will be helpful for purchasing a laptop. Ta v.much
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:34 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone. He stumbled across a Blokker yesterday so managed to purchase an iron and a kettle. the other links will be helpful for purchasing a laptop. Ta v.much
Hahahaha.... Good one Mish! Didn't think of Blokker, hope you educated him enough that he knows how to make a cup of Tea himself?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

He phoned me up the other morning at 7am and said "where's my cup of tea?" cheeky monkey. .
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:00 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

He phoned me up the other morning at 7am and said "where's my cup of tea?" cheeky monkey. .
Did you answer "I haven't seen it! Where did you have it last?"
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Rumpole is an unknown quantity at this point

In addition to Its I would also suggest either Harense Smid (if they happen to be near you), Mediamarkt or if you already know what you want the Kijkshop (which is like Argos).
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers. I am flying out on Friday night to surprise him!! Can't wait to see his face.. We will go laptop shopping together on Saturday me thinks.. can't keep up this expensive telephone business any longer.. Its cost me about £60 this week!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm, seems like nearest Harense Smid is in Dordrecht
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:34 pm
4np
Just Joined

4np is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're looking for second hand as well, have a look at Marktplaats; the second hand site in The Netherlands Oh, and Iron is Strijkijzer / Strijkbout in Dutch (probably most hits with the latter) and while you're at it you might as well search for Strijkplank