utrecht life

Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

traveller33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile utrecht life

Hi we had a look at Hilversum one very snowy day in February as a possible town to move to but things didn't quite click so on impulse we went to Utrecht which we have been to on several occasions and realised that there is a new international school that has opened up there.

So in a quest to have an insight into expats experiences there (preferably living with children) please could anybody give me that insight.

Has anyone had dealings with the international school? I have found the Dutch Agatha snellen school for our 6 year old as we think she is young enough to immerse into a Dutch school.

Many thanks for any time taken to answer my question!
Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

traveller33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: utrecht life

Hi does ANYBODY have any insight, views, experiences, thoughts or opinions on Utrecht please?

I really would be greatful for anything

many thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 10:57 am
Just Joined

elmer2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: utrecht life

If you don't get a response on here you could try expatica.com I had some useful replies on there on our move to the Huizen area. Or see if there's a Facebook page for the schools that you're considering and get in touch with other parents that way?

Good luck with it all

Sarah
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 11:34 am
Just Joined

elmer2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just came across this thread about Utrecht - you could contact some parents on there that have several children?
http://community.expatica.com/forums...ies-in-utrecht

There may be other threads on Utrecht too, it's worth searching the forums to see what you can find.

Sarah
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

jason1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Utrecht is a fantastic city for expats! Since moving from Sydney, I've found it a great mix of a picturesque Dutch canal city and a family friendly city. There is plenty to discover! and being a student city, english is no problem.

I am the community cricket development officer with Kampong Cricket Club and have been delivering clinics to 11 schools in and around our club's neighbourhood over the past two years (this also includes the new International School Utrecht). There are plenty of primary schools to choose from, but I do know that the International School is expanding every month!

Kampong (especially Kampong Cricket Club) is a great place for expats to intermingle - both local parents and other expats. Our cricket youth program on a friday afternoon allows for the parents to unwind, the kids to have a great time and everyone to enjoy the homely atmosphere and facilities. On top, the club also has an afterschool care group attached - so it makes it more practical for working families.

Let me know if you want to come down and see what both Kampong and Utrecht is all about!

Jason