Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Playing Football in the Netherlands?

Playing Football in the Netherlands?

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:41 am
Just Joined

davetaylor_2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Playing Football in the Netherlands?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and new to the Netherlands from the UK....just wondering whether anyone could point me in the right direction for finding a football team to play for a few times a week? Preferably around Utrecht or the surrounding area?

Thanks!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:07 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing Football in the Netherlands?

Originally Posted by davetaylor_2002
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and new to the Netherlands from the UK....just wondering whether anyone could point me in the right direction for finding a football team to play for a few times a week? Preferably around Utrecht or the surrounding area?

Thanks!
Hi Dave

I know its a late reply, but I recently moved from Holland to Australia, and havent had much time to look in. Maybe you have already found a football club in the meantime, but I would simply ask on of your neigbours which are the local clubs, and you will find there are dozens.

club football is very big in Holland, so you will have no probs.

Hope you like Holland, I spent 22 years there and its a great place to live, and Utrecht is a fab place, with so much close by.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 10:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
Hi Dave

I know its a late reply, but I recently moved from Holland to Australia, and havent had much time to look in. Maybe you have already found a football club in the meantime, but I would simply ask on of your neigbours which are the local clubs, and you will find there are dozens.

club football is very big in Holland, so you will have no probs.

Hope you like Holland, I spent 22 years there and its a great place to live, and Utrecht is a fab place, with so much close by.
How yer didling in OZ then, hope your enjoying it.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:53 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
How yer didling in OZ then, hope your enjoying it.
Thanks for remembering us

Its been a bit hectic the last 3 months, but loving every minute of it.

We did get the dreaded phone call after just 6 weeks, and my wife had to fly back to Holland with one of the kids to be with her mother, but luckily she pulled through.

Other than that, we are moving into a house we bought next week (3rd move since being here) and we have settled really well. Kids are in school, and their English is getting better by the day, and because we are in a big growing region in Victoria, every other person is Dutch as well, so we almost feel at home

You guys all well ? Have you also had a poor summer of has it been OK in Spain ?
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
Thanks for remembering us

Its been a bit hectic the last 3 months, but loving every minute of it.

We did get the dreaded phone call after just 6 weeks, and my wife had to fly back to Holland with one of the kids to be with her mother, but luckily she pulled through.

Other than that, we are moving into a house we bought next week (3rd move since being here) and we have settled really well. Kids are in school, and their English is getting better by the day, and because we are in a big growing region in Victoria, every other person is Dutch as well, so we almost feel at home

You guys all well ? Have you also had a poor summer of has it been OK in Spain ?
Glad everything is going fine out there, we have had a really wettish summer compared with usual.
We usually get a few days of torrential showers and then back to normal, but I think there are too many Brits living here now and all brought their weather over.
Enjoy yourself there, but don`t forget to pop back here now and again and give your advice cos Netherlands forum is fairly quiet.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:58 am
Going for a ride

dont worry, i'll keep looking in, its just been a bit manic with everything.