My journey begins!

Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:30 am
Just Joined

engelsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My journey begins!

Hello i would like to first start by introducing myself.
My name is daniel i live in London u.k at the moment and am currently planning to move away to holland in november.
I have already found a job and accomodation in amsterdam because i am wqorking for an airport as a cargo handler and they give you all that for free.
However the thought of being in a house with 7 english guys really does worry me
So what im thinking is i should try and find work elsewhere so i can afford a flat over there. just means ill be jobhunting on my days off.
Can anyone give me any advice about this what so ever like what work to look for, or where is good to rent etc.
Ik sprayk klein beetje nederlands maar ik laren vlug! ( i speak a little bit of dutch, but i learn quick)
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

username132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My journey begins!

Originally Posted by engelsman
Hello i would like to first start by introducing myself.
My name is daniel i live in London u.k at the moment and am currently planning to move away to holland in november.
I have already found a job and accomodation in amsterdam because i am wqorking for an airport as a cargo handler and they give you all that for free.
However the thought of being in a house with 7 english guys really does worry me
So what im thinking is i should try and find work elsewhere so i can afford a flat over there. just means ill be jobhunting on my days off.
Can anyone give me any advice about this what so ever like what work to look for, or where is good to rent etc.
Ik sprayk klein beetje nederlands maar ik laren vlug! ( i speak a little bit of dutch, but i learn quick)
"Ik spreek aleen maar een klein beetje Nederlands maar [here my confidence level drops!] ik het vlug leren".

For a start, I'd look for a job outside Amsterdam, since it will be less expensive to live outside Amsterdam. I don't know what you're looking for exactly, but as a student, I used www.kamernet.nl but that's often just for rooms w/ shared facilities. Still, you'll find en suite stuff, for a price. Also try directwonen.nl (but they charge one month's rent as a sort of finders fee...)!

For work you might try employment agencies called "uitzendbureaus" and maybe undutchables.nl is worth a shot.

Sucess! (=good luck)