Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Looking for expat groups in Meppel/Zwolle area.

Looking for expat groups in Meppel/Zwolle area.

Old May 6th 2014, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

steffi88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Looking for expat groups in Meppel/Zwolle area.

I have been living in the Netherlands for 5 years now. I originally moved to Groningen to be with my then boyfriend, now husband.
I reached out to the expat community in Groningen, joined several groups, went to coffee mornings, hosted craft events etc. It was all very nice.
Well at the start of 2014 I moved from Groningen to Meppel, and while it is not that big of a distance (just a 1 hour train journey), it does take a bit more planning and effort to get up there, and I definitely can't get to as many get together as I use to go to.

So I find myself semi starting again, and trying to build up friendships etc, but I don't seem to be yielding much info of groups in the Meppel/Zwolle area. Anyone on here know of any or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Old May 6th 2014, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Inatiswas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for expat groups in Meppel/Zwolle area.

Hi

There are a few expats meeting Friday evening, 16th May in Zwolle.

I was going to put a post on here so you've prompted me.

The bar we are meeting at is called De Beurs I think from memory and it's located on the square by the church in the centre of town. I will double check the name and put another post if it's incorrect.

Any other expats reading this are also welcome to come along.

Old May 8th 2014, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Really??! Oh wow, I'd love to come along if thats possible. What time will it start?
Old May 8th 2014, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi

We've changed the date to 23rd May. It's from 8pm and still at De Beurs which is a bar on the square in the centre of town (Zwolle) by the big church. Any expats of any nationality welcome!

I still have to double check the name of the bar but please feel free to PM me if you like and I will give you my mobile number.

Old May 9th 2014, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

I need to check that date now as I think we are already attending a party elsewhere - will keep you posted! It is De Beurs as well..... checked :P
Old May 19th 2014, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Eire1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
I have just moved to Zwolle from Ireland three weeks ago. Really enjoying the city and would love to meet any other expats around
Old May 19th 2014, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eire1988
Hi guys,
I have just moved to Zwolle from Ireland three weeks ago. Really enjoying the city and would love to meet any other expats around
Welcome

Which part of Zwolle are you in?
Old May 19th 2014, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys,
Hi

There are a few expats meeting up this Friday at De Beurs at 8pm. Anyone is welcome to come along.

Hope to see you there.

Old May 19th 2014, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inatiswas
Hi

There are a few expats meeting up this Friday at De Beurs at 8pm. Anyone is welcome to come along.

Hope to see you there.

I'm really sorry, I am unable to make it as we are already going to a party. But when it happens again, please let me know Also, I let a friend know from Taal Cafe and I think he will be attending
Old May 19th 2014, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karij1980
I'm really sorry, I am unable to make it as we are already going to a party. But when it happens again, please let me know Also, I let a friend know from Taal Cafe and I think he will be attending
Great! It will be nice to meet new people.

If it goes ok, another meetup will be planned and I will post on here.

Please pass details onto any expats you know that may want to come along.

The plan is to sit outside (weather permitting) so we are easily identifiable but I am also thinking of sticking a notice on a table saying 'expats'.

Old May 19th 2014, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Great! It will be nice to meet new people.

If it goes ok, another meetup will be planned and I will post on here.

Please pass details onto any expats you know that may want to come along.

The plan is to sit outside (weather permitting) so we are easily identifiable but I am also thinking of sticking a notice on a table saying 'expats'.

Old May 20th 2014, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Welcome

Which part of Zwolle are you in?
I'm really lucky to be right in the city centre, beside the library. The meetup on Friday night sounds like fun, my boyfriend and I will hopefully make it!
Old May 20th 2014, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inatiswas

Also, I think this is a good idea so we can find ye!
Old May 20th 2014, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Also, I think this is a good idea so we can find ye!
There are a couple of us in the centre.

See you on Friday!
Old May 20th 2014, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

I'm really lucky to be right in the city centre, beside the library. The meetup on Friday night sounds like fun, my boyfriend and I will hopefully make it!
Ah, ok..... in the library every Friday, there is Taal Cafe. Its from 9am til 11am and we talk about everyday topics. You have to enter from the back entrance though as the library itself doesn't open til 10am

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.