Cost of living in Utrecht

Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

juliestarchild is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cost of living in Utrecht

I may be doing a PhD at Utrecht University - what sort of cost is involved in renting - is €1500 per month enough to live on?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:15 am
Fight the good fight

Starseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to all
Default Re: Cost of living in Utrecht

Looks a little low to me. You may have to join the low-life who sell stolen bicycles around the station area - probably the ugliest part of town. Otherwise, Utrecht is nice - and a bit quiet compared to wild and wonderful Amsterdam.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:02 am
Just Joined

juliestarchild is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Cost of living in Utrecht

Thanks for your reply - it's actually 1956€ which I guess is still low - it is a grant for a researcher so I don't expect it to be high - is that better or will I still have to steal bikes?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:02 am
Fight the good fight

Starseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to allStarseed is a name known to all
Default Re: Cost of living in Utrecht

Well, that's more encouraging! Now you clearly won't need to sell stolen bikes and compete with the junkies. You can go up a notch and simply sell your body!

On the other hand, you might check out the good people in Utrecht that I enquired with:

The Rots Vast rental agency

They were very helpful to me, and appreciated my faltering attempts at speaking Dutch. They complained bitterly of the enquiries they get from the French and Germans who call them in FR and GE, expecting them to be fluent, when English is their second language, and the international language to boot.

Last edited by Starseed; Oct 23rd 2007 at 5:19 am.