Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

cheap temp accomodation Amsterdam

cheap temp accomodation Amsterdam

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Hamster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cheap temp accomodation Amsterdam

I´m new on here so first Id like to say hello !

I will be moving to Amsterdam November 1st and I am currently looking for somewhere I can stay for a week or two while I find a permanent apartment or room (I am hoping it takes less time than this though). Can anyone give advice on where I might go or how to go about this?

cheapest hotel I have found is like 50 a night which two weeks would mean 700 for two weeks!!

thanks for any help on this...
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:19 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheap temp accomodation Amsterdam

Originally Posted by Hamster

I will be moving to Amsterdam November 1st and I am currently looking for somewhere I can stay for a week or two while I find a permanent apartment or room (I am hoping it takes less time than this though). Can anyone give advice on where I might go or how to go about this?

cheapest hotel I have found is like 50 a night which two weeks would mean 700 for two weeks!!

Hi there....

There have been quite a number of threads about accommodation, but here is one site to help kick off your search.
http://www.funda.nl/WoningAanbod/Koop/Default.aspx

It is only in Dutch.

BTW should have said Amsterdam is very expensive.

Last edited by Casa Santo Estevo; Sep 3rd 2008 at 8:20 am. Reason: added the BTW
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:27 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Hi Hamster,

Cheap + Amsterdam = Forget it.

The university students will have found it ten times faster then you will. Why not try the surrounding area of Amsterdam? It's slightly cheaper and chances are better you'll find something. For example, I (still) live near Haarlem, rent a 94 square meter apartment (single bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room with a fantastic view out over a major channel for € 825 all in. (Gas/Water/Electric) If you're interested I can PM you the website of my landlord, he has places for rent scattered all over Haarlem and surrounding area's. If my Africa dream finally would become a reality, my place will be up for rent soon as well.

Photo was taken five weeks ago from my living room window.

Dutchie.
Attached Thumbnails cheap temp accomodation Amsterdam-dsc_1321.jpg  

Last edited by Dutchie; Sep 3rd 2008 at 3:34 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Hamster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Hi Hamster,

The university students will have found it ten times faster then you will. Why not try the surrounding area of Amsterdam? It's slightly cheaper and chances are better you'll find something. For example, I (still) live near Haarlem, rent a 94 square meter apartment (single bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room with a fantastic view out over a major channel for € 825 all in. (Gas/Water/Electric) If you're interested I can PM you the website of my landlord, he has places for rent scattered all over Haarlem and surrounding area's. If my Africa dream finally would become a reality, my place will be up for rent soon as well.

Dutchie.
Hello Dutchie,

thanks for the reply.

I was afraid someone was going to tell me that about Amsterdam....

But I have thought about living outside of it also, so long as the commute isnt too far away.

That view looks very nice

and yes please pm me the details of your landlords website.

thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Mehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really niceMehari is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Hi Hamster,

Dutchie.

Hey, What a coincidence - That's my boat around the time it got knicked !!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:50 am

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mehari
Hey, What a coincidence - That's my boat around the time it got knicked !!
Strange... It's a state owned vessel. You royalty?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:52 am

Hello Dutchie,

thanks for the reply.

I was afraid someone was going to tell me that about Amsterdam....

But I have thought about living outside of it also, so long as the commute isnt too far away.

That view looks very nice

and yes please pm me the details of your landlords website.

thanks
PM'd you the details of my landlords website. Keep in mind they have a fairly good reputation here, so what's for rent isn't for rent very long. Good luck...

Dutchie

Last edited by Dutchie; Sep 4th 2008 at 8:59 am.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:33 am
Just Joined

jesterj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thank you all for making me feel a little better about the struggle to find somewhere to live in Amsterdam! :-)
I am also interested in the idea of living in Haarlem, so I'd be very interested to hear about your landlord - or any other recommendations?!

Thanks very much.