Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Your favourite 3 restaurants with the Wow factor.

Your favourite 3 restaurants with the Wow factor.

Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:05 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your favourite 3 restaurants with the Wow factor.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Right now That Moo Moo place in Brisbane... Or is it Broadbeach ? is topping my list for a visit up there, at the expense of Vlados down here in Melbourne, Why pay for the same experience twice
The closest we get these days to quality eating-out is Sizzler so I don't think I'm qualified to comment
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
The closest we get these days to quality eating-out is Sizzler so I don't think I'm qualified to comment
Mate, I've spent something like 20 out the last 23 years at that point, so I'm really looking forwards to busting out again. "All things must pass" and all that, I'm looking forwards to this change. It will happen for you as well, just have to get the new country feel out of the way.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:43 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to find a bad place in Melbourne. Excluding pub food of course, Where was the last place you had a decent meal.

Pretty sure I/we will be in Brisbane and probably Sydney in March, so keep erm coming please.
The Aussie Indian, in Collingwood
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:47 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ozzie, what about that swanky restaurant overlooking the bay in Williamstown? Can't remember the name....Cas is also racking her brain

Top views in Melbourne while eating posh fish meals

BRB.....
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:51 pm
Take it easy

http://www.thestrandrestaurant.com.au/home.html

How could I forget
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Hey Ozzie, what about that swanky restaurant overlooking the bay in Williamstown? Can't remember the name....Cas is also racking her brain

Top views in Melbourne while eating posh fish meals

BRB.....
I've never been to that one, Been to La porcetta, (God knows why I try other La Porcettas rather than just the original down in Rathdown St, Carlton)
and lots of others that looked kid freindly on the Esplanade, but now we are finally entering a different stage of our lives, I shall gladly give The Strand a Burl....It'll save wondering how the other half lives, I will gladly take a doggy bag home to the waiting kids

BTW Carl, when your on a chess tournament like this week, do you fuel up on brain food, like sushi, and raw tuna, or do you just go as per normal ?

Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:05 pm
Take it easy

I've never been to that one, Been to La porcetta, (God knows why I try other La Porcettas rather than just the original down in Rathdown St, Carlton)
and lots of others that looked kid freindly on the Esplanade, but now we are finally entering a different stage of our lives, I shall gladly give The Strand a Burl....It'll save wondering how the other half lives, I will gladly take a doggy bag home to the waiting kids
I've been to the La Porchetta in Williamstown, as well as a couple of others

I think the Greek restaurant....Santorini's or something, in Nelson Place is supposed to be good. And the one right by the pier....Pelican's Landing

My favourite place at the moment is in Brunswick Street....Joe's Garage...but it's anything but posh
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:06 pm

Mate, I've spent something like 20 out the last 23 years at that point, so I'm really looking forwards to busting out again. "All things must pass" and all that, I'm looking forwards to this change. It will happen for you as well, just have to get the new country feel out of the way.
I was more referring to the fact we have a 2 year old that isn't keen on quality establishments but I take your point

Sizzler is great, you can leave a huge pile of ice-cream on the floor and nobody gives a monkey's ... and if the little 'un makes a mess too then that's OK
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:06 pm
Take it easy

BTW Carl, when your on a chess tournament like this week, do you fuel up on brain food, like sushi, and raw tuna, or do you just go as per normal ?

Apples are apparently good for concentration....today I had beef schnitzel and salad, and earlier an almond croissant from a local deli.

So brain food isn't top of the agenda
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I was more referring to the fact we have a 2 year old that isn't keen on quality establishments but I take your point

Sizzler is great, you can leave a huge pile of ice-cream on the floor and nobody gives a monkey's ... and if the little 'un makes a mess too then that's OK
just don't go near the salad bar ...
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by rabsody
just don't go near the salad bar ...
Since we are perpetuating the past, you've got to watch out for the knife-wielding maniacs in the Myer Centre too.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Since we are perpetuating the past, you've got to watch out for the knife-wielding maniacs in the Myer Centre too.
oh really? i must have missed that one. the giddy heights of brissy eh!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We've got a Sizzler type chain down here called Smorgys, which is a theme restaurant. The Smorgys in Bundoora, is based on Vodoo Island type theme, complete with Volcano and spurting fire, the lights dim down and the floor shakes and vibrates, on the hour every hour. Now that could grab a little tackers like your young blokes attention.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 19th 2007 at 11:20 pm.