British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Are you a sceptic or a believer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/you-sceptic-believer-808272/)

renth Sep 5th 2013 11:47 am

Re: Are you a sceptic or a believer?

I saw a ghost once. It was a woman dressed in old fashioned clothes it was pretty fuzzy but it walked towards the foot of my bed from the corner of the room. F**K it gave me a fright!

I had no idea the house was haunted but the next day I asked the person whose house it was whether the house was haunted and he said "you saw the old lady didn't you?"

True story.

cresta57 Sep 5th 2013 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 10887014)
Be thankful it wasn't crabs:eek:

I thought crebs was German for crabs:confused:

sonlymewalter Sep 5th 2013 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 10887014)
Be thankful it wasn't crabs:eek:

no mate....she had them as well:eek:

:lol:

sonlymewalter Sep 5th 2013 11:58 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 10887033)
I saw a ghost once. It was a woman dressed in old fashioned clothes it was pretty fuzzy but it walked towards the foot of my bed from the corner of the room. F**K it gave me a fright!

I had no idea the house was haunted but the next day I asked the person whose house it was whether the house was haunted and he said "you saw the old lady didn't you?"

True story.

never seen a ghost. Cos I'm a non believer I would love to be proven wrong - but then Id shit myself silly so don't want to :unsure::blink::eek:

I watch all the ghost programmes and have watched thousands of hours worth and never seen a thing worth watching - except once = a ship had a table and you could see the ropes move on camera - it was a heavy table and no way could it have happened in the way it did without something shifty going on:eek:

Bernieboy Sep 5th 2013 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 10887034)
I thought crebs was German for crabs:confused:

No mate,crebs is scouse for crabs;)

Pollyana Sep 5th 2013 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 10887054)
never seen a ghost. Cos I'm a non believer I would love to be proven wrong - but then Id shit myself silly so don't want to :unsure::blink::eek:

I watch all the ghost programmes and have watched thousands of hours worth and never seen a thing worth watching - except once = a ship had a table and you could see the ropes move on camera - it was a heavy table and no way could it have happened in the way it did without something shifty going on:eek:

Never seen one but I've sensed them. My dad visited both my sister and I after he died, several times, attracting attention by moving his favourite chair, knocking a favourite picture from the wall etc. Funniest was when my mum said something rude about him and suddenly the nestly stacked stable pile of plates on the table slud into her lap and covered her in baked bean juice!

We also have ghosts at work in the older part of the building. I used to hear one walking around when I was doing night shifts alone. She was a student teacher who died there when it was a training college. Always a friendly and protective atmosphere when she was about.
The other only arrived after building work disturbed an old burial ground nearby. Two people besides me felt the influence of that one - it kept to one area on the ground floor and just felt malevolent. Going down there at night was suddenly spooky, the air was cold and clammy and there was a feeling of being watched. One girl came fleeing back upstairs and wouldn't talk about the reason why, just sat and looked terrified - and she was as down to earth as you could get, she also knew nothing about either ghost beforehand.

sonlymewalter Sep 5th 2013 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10887096)
Never seen one but I've sensed them. My dad visited both my sister and I after he died, several times, attracting attention by moving his favourite chair, knocking a favourite picture from the wall etc. Funniest was when my mum said something rude about him and suddenly the nestly stacked stable pile of plates on the table slud into her lap and covered her in baked bean juice!

We also have ghosts at work in the older part of the building. I used to hear one walking around when I was doing night shifts alone. She was a student teacher who died there when it was a training college. Always a friendly and protective atmosphere when she was about.
The other only arrived after building work disturbed an old burial ground nearby. Two people besides me felt the influence of that one - it kept to one area on the ground floor and just felt malevolent. Going down there at night was suddenly spooky, the air was cold and clammy and there was a feeling of being watched. One girl came fleeing back upstairs and wouldn't talk about the reason why, just sat and looked terrified - and she was as down to earth as you could get, she also knew nothing about either ghost beforehand.

They say people with a sixth sense usually get *tapped into* - maybe you have a sixth sense mate:eek:

DeadVim Sep 5th 2013 12:53 pm

I was a firm, rational, based-in-logic-and-science skeptic until relatively recently.

I've always suspected that there is more to life than what we perceive in the physical world ... the more I learn of the alternatives and the more I see how other perspectives have influenced other people I see that maybe there is something else governing all.

Something greater than what we popularly see as 'life'.

Non-religious, not Jesus and all that jazz, just something greater than what we commonly see ourselves to be.

Or maybe I've just eaten too much cheese tonight. ;)

sonlymewalter Sep 5th 2013 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 10887140)
I was a firm, rational, based-in-logic-and-science skeptic until relatively recently.

I've always suspected that there is more to life than what we perceive in the physical world ... the more I learn of the alternatives and the more I see how other perspectives have influenced other people I see that maybe there is something else governing all.

Something greater than what we popularly see as 'life'.

Non-religious, not Jesus and all that jazz, just something greater than what we commonly see ourselves to be.

Or maybe I've just eaten too much cheese tonight. ;)

what happened?

Bernieboy Sep 5th 2013 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 10887115)
They say people with a sixth sense usually get *tapped into* - maybe you have a sixth sense mate:eek:

I must have the 6th sense then,every time i walk up the ******g road some tramp is tapping me for money:blink:

sonlymewalter Sep 5th 2013 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 10887201)
I must have the 6th sense then,every time i walk up the ******g road some tramp is tapping me for money:blink:

:D

Pollyana Sep 5th 2013 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 10887115)

Maybe, certainly the peaceful ghost only made her presence known to a couple of people, though lots of us used the area overnight.
I do feel other unidentified spirits sometimes too....weird but not really unnerving

Swerv-o Sep 5th 2013 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by renth (Post 10887033)

True story.

How come ghosts always appear as old fashioned people? Nobody ever gets haunted by flannel wearing rockers or shoe-gazing indie kids from the 90s...

S

Pollyana Sep 5th 2013 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 10887324)
How come ghosts always appear as old fashioned people? Nobody ever gets haunted by flannel wearing rockers or shoe-gazing indie kids from the 90s...

S

The peaceful one at my workplace was seen one night by a paramedic, she was wearing clothes from the 70s apparently. The paramedic was freaked out, not knowing any of her existence, and it was only after he asked around that he found she had died in the late 70s.

Being a Wiccan I cast the occasional spell and send prayers to various goddesses; there have been a few occasions in the last 3 years where if there was no higher power those spells would just not have been fulfilled. A couple of candle burning spells have had stunning results in a rather unexpected way, and when casting both of them I managed to also someone raise the neighbourhood bat colony which swooped around the garden for a good 20 minutes. Bit eerie.....especially when the results became known.

sonlymewalter Sep 5th 2013 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10887332)
The peaceful one at my workplace was seen one night by a paramedic, she was wearing clothes from the 70s apparently. The paramedic was freaked out, not knowing any of her existence, and it was only after he asked around that he found she had died in the late 70s.

Being a Wiccan I cast the occasional spell and send prayers to various goddesses; there have been a few occasions in the last 3 years where if there was no higher power those spells would just not have been fulfilled. A couple of candle burning spells have had stunning results in a rather unexpected way, and when casting both of them I managed to also someone raise the neighbourhood bat colony which swooped around the garden for a good 20 minutes. Bit eerie.....especially when the results became known.

:eek:

R U a white witch Polly?