Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are you 'old' for your age?

Wikiposts

Are you 'old' for your age?

Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you 'old' for your age?

I look about 90 but I act about 14.

I'm only kidding before you all jump in.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Raging hormones - and awkward lumps in funny places?!

Agree - the day you can't flirt with the ladies is a bad one. I had a girl telling me that I must be an allright bloke because I am married to what she considered a beautiful woman.

Some girls in the office found a photo of me in my 20s doing a photo shoot lying around on my desk and they all said the bloke was HOT - they instantly connected around the same time that it was me and couldn't believe how long ago the photo was taken - and that they thought the photo was much more recent. I'm the first to state for the record that they didn't say I was HOT now. Some men improve with age of course.
Yeah we're going to need to see that photo...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:23 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Yeah we're going to need to see that photo...
I second that.

I'm also sort of wondering why someone would have a photo of themselves like that just lying around on their desk! I must say though, if I had a picture of me looking particularly hot in a bikini I think I might proudly display it on my desk too!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Raging hormones - and awkward lumps in funny places?!

Agree - the day you can't flirt with the ladies is a bad one. I had a girl telling me that I must be an allright bloke because I am married to what she considered a beautiful woman.

Some girls in the office found a photo of me in my 20s doing a photo shoot lying around on my desk and they all said the bloke was HOT - they instantly connected around the same time that it was me and couldn't believe how long ago the photo was taken - and that they thought the photo was much more recent. I'm the first to state for the record that they didn't say I was HOT now. Some men improve with age of course.
I probably get on with women better now than ever before.

Got to say I saw a UK women on TV the other day, that would be a fine example of a perfect women for me at my age. Had the right kind of London Cheekiness....

I do like erm with a naughty edge Not bad for 50 is Carol Mcgiffin.

Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I probably get on with women better now than ever before.

Got to say I saw a UK women on TV the other day, that would be a fine example of a perfect women for me at my age. Had the right kind of London Cheekiness....

I do like erm with a naughty edge

http://thedishingdiva.com/wp-content...l-mcgiffin.jpg
Isn't she one of those "Loose Women" off ITV? I think she was married to Chris Evans...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:37 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont act my age whatsoever - just ask Daunted when she gets back to Bunbury tonight, she called into my workplace for a cuppa this morning

Looks wise, I probably do look my age but I have learned to have rose tinted specs where my appearance goes, I listen to my mind which is telling me I am a kid, I ignore the mirror which reflects a top heavy, weird shaped, middle aged female - in fact I often call the mirror a lying bastard.

You can look as young as you like but you deffo need the childish imagination and an ability to enjoy certain things to carry it off.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Nov 1st 2009 at 5:40 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Some girls in the office found a photo of me in my 20s doing a photo shoot lying around on my desk and they all said the bloke was HOT -

And how exactly does a 20 year old photo of yourself in speedos with your pet goat happen to be chucked randomly on your desk where the office chicks find it?

Very unusual

Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I have always looked a lot younger.. it was always a nightmare getting into pubs/clubs when I was a teenager.. remember being 27 and being asked for ID at a pub door... I started laughing to myself and attempting to find my drivers license.. the doorman said "no need to take the piss, its just that its over 21's tonight!"... I nearly snogged him on the spot!

I am not sure if I act older or younger.. have noticed that I have changed quite a bit in the last 4 years (from age 33 to age 37).. probably just more definate about what I want and what I like. In other ways I have changed also, I'm more laid back about things than I have ever been.. I really haven't got room in my life to "correct" people or lecture them which is very liberating as I no longer get frustrated or want to tell them that they are doing things "wrong".. its really not my bag. (exceptions: my kids! lol!).. I also find that I can apply it to my life too now.. I rarely get bothered if someone doesn't like or agree with me either... I am what I am and I can't be anyone else..

I don't listen to the radio as much as I used to, probably because I get bored with the ads all the time.. I do like new music though (as someone else was saying previously) and still love going out and having a dance.. though live music was always more my scene than the clubbing side of things.. (not an age thing really.. just me)

Em x
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think I look my age, 23. I don't get asked for ID and can't remember when I last did but I don't think people would think I was over 25 either (well I hope they wouldn't anyway!)

I think I act a bit older than 23 but that's probably due to being raised in a pub that my mum and dad were running. I was always around older people and tried to "fit in" with them.

On facebook there are some girls I went to school with who spend their weekends copping off and doing Jaeger Bombs which obviously having a husband and *nearly* two kids isn't something I can be doing... but are they acting younger or am I acting older? I don't know.

Either way I'm happy with how I act, I like to be silly and have fun but I also have to be responsible and look after my son and to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
And how exactly does a 20 year old photo of yourself in speedos with your pet goat happen to be chucked randomly on your desk where the office chicks find it?

Very unusual

I was using the office printer to print out some old classics... Got busy and some of them were left here and there under documents. Honest gov.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:50 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

When women get big feet......It's her feet and arms she needs to keep an eye on.
Badge dude I don't understand....do feet even get fat? How can women control the size of their feet? Are we meant to bind them like they did in China??
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peepster
Badge dude I don't understand....do feet even get fat? How can women control the size of their feet? Are we meant to bind them like they did in China??
Perhaps he meant when they get wider?

Em x
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:43 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Maybe the feet spread out due to the weight of the giant shoulders and bingowings...

Anyhoo, I'm more intrigued by the photoshoot. Was it knitwear? Nude?
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:14 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

You're as old as you feel.

I've just had a good feel - and today I'm around 30.

Tomorrow....who knows?

Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Maybe the feet spread out due to the weight of the giant shoulders and bingowings...

Anyhoo, I'm more intrigued by the photoshoot. Was it knitwear? Nude?
Bingowings! Reminds me of the Pheonix Club in the Peter Kay DVD with all those old women.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.