Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you've reached your forties when...

Wikiposts

You know you've reached your forties when...

Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:49 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you've reached your forties when...

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Since when did the law distinquish between age? As long as you are both over 16...

now there is the moral question..
there's the "being" and "looking" over 16 problem, and with old man's vision it can be hard to tell
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
there's the "being" and "looking" over 16 problem, and with old man's vision it can be hard to tell
Ignorance of the law is said to be no defence.. I don't need poor eyesight to know however that it is not beyond the duty of a 40 year old man to ease the passage of his 15 year old friends into womanhood....improve their confidence...

....stop tittering at the back..!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:50 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Ignorance of the law is said to be no defence.. I don't need poor eyesight to know however that it is not beyond the duty of a 40 year old man to ease the passage of his 15 year old friends into womanhood....improve their confidence...

how many 15 year old friends have you got then, trenchy?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Since when did the law distinquish between age? As long as you are both over 16...

now there is the moral question..
In Australia. If she is 16 and you are 5 years or greater older than 16 you can still get done for statutory rape. Age doesn't matter when both parties are over 18.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
In Australia. If she is 16 and you are 5 years or greater older than 16 you can still get done for statutory rape. Age doesn't matter when both parties are over 18.
A good law. (Is it a law of strict liability? It is always enforced in every case that comes to the attention of the police or care workers? I suspect that if the case comes to the attention of the above in aggrieved circumstances then there is a case to answer. ie a 27 year man and a 17 old girl consenting would be a waste of police time even if the girl's father complained.)
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

A good law. (Is it a law of strict liability? It is always enforced in every case that comes to the attention of the police or care workers? I suspect that if the case comes to the attention of the above in aggrieved circumstances then there is a case to answer. ie a 27 year man and a 17 old girl consenting would be a waste of police time even if the girl's father complained.)
As it's statutory rape there doesn't need to be a complainant and Police can bring charges themselves if they get wind of it. Only problem is evidence. It becomes a very grey area when one of the parties is about 17.5 years old. Similar to what is going on with that 17 year old footy bike and the St Kilda football club players.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by harpodom
how many 15 year old friends have you got then, trenchy?
Serious answer.

The daughters of my mates come over to talk to me. On the basis that kids need a variety of adult role models of both genders and a variety of ages I enter into the conversation. My mother would have approved. Infact, when there was tears and fustration in one house, the 15 year was sent to me by her mother...
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As it's statutory rape there doesn't need to be a complainant and Police can bring charges themselves if they get wind of it. Only problem is evidence. It becomes a very grey area when one of the parties is about 17.5 years old. Similar to what is going on with that 17 year old footy bike and the St Kilda football club players.
Reliable words from an ex police officer...thanks.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:19 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

You just need to hope and pray that said 15 year old's father (brother, uncle, grandfather...) does not own any fire arms.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Serious answer.

The daughters of my mates come over to talk to me. On the basis that kids need a variety of adult role models of both genders and a variety of ages I enter into the conversation. My mother would have approved. Infact, when there was tears and fustration in one house, the 15 year was sent to me by her mother...

Image of surly teenager leaving your house going 'what a tool' .

Teens can be quite brutal
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:22 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

back to thread

....the highlight of your day is the proctracted but joyous birth of a lovingly nurtured and beautifully formed turd...
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:38 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure you got this right. Firstly the age of consent varies from state to state.

Also in Vic the only restriction on 16/17yo is when someone is 'in charge' of the 16/17yo (and is not married to them).
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I'm not sure you got this right. Firstly the age of consent varies from state to state.

Also in Vic the only restriction on 16/17yo is when someone is 'in charge' of the 16/17yo (and is not married to them).
I'm talking about in Vic as I was a Vic copper. Can't talk about the other states as you are right, laws vary from state to state. No, the person doesn't have to be 'in charge' that has more to do with student/teacher type scenarios.

The only exemption to this is if marriage is involved and for a 16 year old that requires parental consent.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Image of surly teenager leaving your house going 'what a tool' .

Teens can be quite brutal
They can - but luckily for me - the mother also said "Talk to Badge - you like talking to him". I was flattered.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:11 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm talking about in Vic as I was a Vic copper. Can't talk about the other states as you are right, laws vary from state to state. No, the person doesn't have to be 'in charge' that has more to do with student/teacher type scenarios.

The only exemption to this is if marriage is involved and for a 16 year old that requires parental consent.
Maybe the laws have changed since you were a copper?

This makes no mention of 5 years age difference.
http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/745.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.